Will the Ferrari 360 depreciate? | FerrariChat

Will the Ferrari 360 depreciate?

Discussion in '360/430' started by leviathan, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    I've loved the 360 spider from the day I first was introduced to them. Unfortunately, when you're a student at university they are just a tad too pricey. I'm planning on going into cardiology or another fellowship, which would theoretically take 12 more years from where I am now (3 years to finish BSc, 4 for med school, 5 for specializing).

Anyone have a rough estimate as to how much the 360 spider will cost in 12 years time, calculating this based on how other Ferrari models have reacted to market value? *Keeps fingers crossed* :)

Thanks,

Just a dreamer. :)

2. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003

Ermm...ok no response? How about this: How much was the 355 when it first came out, and how much does it cost now?

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

I've heard estimates of 125 to 150 for the sypder in a few years, but who knows, depends upon the economy. Just remember that the current corvette is waay faster than a 15 year old Ferrari (348), so who knows where the performance ends up?

Art

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    In the UK, a new 355GTB was about £81k in '94. Now, the same car in perfect condition now would fetch upwards of £50k. So that is around 30-40% depreciation in 10 yrs.

360 may depreciate more as there are more being built.

On the other hand, a new 328GTS in 1988 was about £34k, and now the same car in perfect condition will fetch between £30-40k.

The price of a 360 Spider in 12 yrs will probably be a more a function of prevailing economic conditions than anything else.

Study hard, and I'm sare that you will be able to afford a new fuel-cell powered Ferrari in 10 yrs!

5. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Nice, so yeah it's really up in the air I guess...that's one thing I'm worried about is by the time I'm done school we're going to have these butt-slow hydrogen fuel-cell powered cars. Oh well.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

My "guess" is that it will be along the lines of today's prices for 348 cabrio's in similiar condition.

Of course....you'll have to adjust for the prevailing economic conditions in the future....etc....etc....as well as the effect that the increased electronics in today's cars has on resale values versus earlier, less sophisticated vehicles. Only time will tell that.