My New Murcielago | FerrariChat

My New Murcielago

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ferrari355gtb, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    #1 ferrari355gtb, Jun 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Doh! I got all excited then.....

3. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

So did I!!
    I'm glad I went for that colour though. Going round the Lambo factory on the 8th July, hopefully it'll be in build by then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as i'm told end next month, but if that turns into mid August i'll take it Sept 1st. Everything shuts down for a month in Italy during August so we'll see.

4. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Best taken it in September with the new UK registration.

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Shame you can't pick it up directly from Italy ? Was it an option ?

Head says September, heart (and Rick) says ASAP !!

6. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    What a 6 months old (500 miles) Murci in yellow with one owner worth? 155K? 165K?

The search continues....

7. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Autocar today has a bit about gallardo prices dropping under £100k and I bet they'll soon be discounts on new ones. Where does that leave the Murci? There's a huge gap opening up.Might be a shrewd move hanging on Ade. Rumours are Lambo are introducing a Murci CS equivalent, 2WD stripped out racer, big rear wing and another 20BHP, with a stick and paddleshift option. I think that Murci you mention is the one in Talacrest, but I would'nt pay more than £155 for it. Having said that there are 02 cars for that money.Mind boggles.

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    You guessed it Simon, thats the Talacrest one alright. I'm watching it carefully for the time being. If it stays up for sale for 2 or 3 months, then maybe I'd consider making an offer.. but they are expecting too much at the moment (might as well buy new one if they want 165 for it!)

I think you're advice is very wise though, things are likely to change around a bit over the next 1 year.

9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd get a letter of intent in for the stripped out CS style one (bet its called the SV) if I were you, Ade.

It's bound to be great!

Robert

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

Very tempting option :).... The question has got to be - is that TOO much of a jump in power for me to handle. 380hp 355 up to 580hp Murci is a lot as it is. With the potential SV, we are potentially talking about a piece of kit that will require a lot of skill to handle at pace ... 2WD, lighter, more powerful.

The thought just scares me..... which is of course what its all about!!!

What does everyone think about the idea of a rear wing on a Murci SV? Will it spoil the lines, or add to the aggressiveness?

11. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord
    I am awaiting the spec of the Murcielago SV/GT with baited breath. Whether this car will *definitely* be built is still open to debate.

The only thing to consider is that one of the best things about the stock Murcielago is that 4wd allows it to plant it's hefty power instead of spinning it away.
    Trust me, I know - smack the throttle in the lower gears and the TCS warning light flashes on near continuously to let you know that the tyres are at the limit of traction but the system rarely actually intervenes (unlike 575M/360) - it's great - because the 4wd is turning the grunt into forward motion.
    What makes the Murcielago such a hoot is actually the torque. The party starts from literally 2000rpm and it's THIS that can unstick the wheels.
    With more power/torque and 2wd, the new car may be well be all over the place.

Having said that, if they build it, then I'll buy it and that's that.

12. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I like the idea of the wing- the basic Murci shape is fabulous, but dare I say it (relatively) bland after the Diablo, Countach. The wing would give some extra drama to the shape, esp in carbon fibre.

Cant have too much power! Joking apart, the Murci SV will undoubtedly require a skilled driver to get the best out of it, and it is important to respect Fear is a good thing; confidence usually comes before a fall to coin a phrase.

I would strongly recommend signing up to a driving course like John Lyon's HPC or Paul Ripley etc. I learned alot doing that, and it allows you to explore the limits of the car over and over in a way that a track day does not.

13. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    V Good idea. I'll definately have a look into this, sounds very enjoyable and sensible.

14. harvey

harvey Rookie

Jan 20, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Harvey John Neale
    Can you not collect and drive back the car from the factory before September. Technically the car should be driven dircetly to the dealer, who can then wait to register it as new on September 1st. I collected a new Merc last summer from the factory on two week temporary plates and had the car registered as new with 2,500 (delivery ) miles.