Ferraris(rhd/Uk spec) offered at discounts ranging between 15 and 25%...how? | FerrariChat

Ferraris(rhd/Uk spec) offered at discounts ranging between 15 and 25%...how?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by bigmoose, Jun 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigmoose

bigmoose Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    London and Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    CT
    The top gear magazine i picked up(cheap) at the motor show have an company called 'E class Ltd' who have advertised in both the issues (april and june) on page 263 who are offering f cars at discounts ...the ad states all cars are rhd and to uk spec..incl full warranty
    How?????

anybody here have any experience with this lot ? or is yet another scam?....
    yr views pls
    chetan

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you have a pm i think it will be a scam pay first then car comes later????????

3. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    If you buy a UK-spec car in Switzerland, register it there for 6 months (don't have to drive it) then bring it to the UK, you don't have to pay 17.5% VAT .. If they give you 15% off, that's a nice 2.5% (£2000-3000) for their troubles I guess.

4. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    I thought all 'second hand' (which it effectively is) had to have 5000kms AND be 6 months old to qualify it to second hand and therefore VAT free.

I guess the only way these guys can do these is by negoiating discounts and using the strength of sterling to get this kind of discount. A lot of other car companies have cheaper prices on the continent than the UK.

Rick

5. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I'd heard that to. I'm sure its still classed as 'new' if it has no miles and is only 6months old. I ran up Customs and Excise with this question not long back (looking at cost of importing Murci from Switerland).

Everyone seems to get different figures tho. Best to visit their website and call their helpline.
    Ade

6. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    They seem to be new cars, and it's a very carefully worded ad. My guess is they're parallel imports from Malaysia. Some time ago, Trade Sales were offering Maser 4200's and Spyders at 10K below list. I asked the people at Maranellos about it and that was the story behind it. They were deeply pissed about it too. This sounds very similar.

Ferrari UK, who will be reading this thread, will be trying to plug this hole as we 'speak'.