Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic | FerrariChat

Denver / Boulder F-Mechanic

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by yookdan, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    Currently using F of Denver - they do a decent job, just concerned that I may be paying a premium for my work there - what do you guys think?

Rob

2. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    You need to call Scuderia Rampante at 303-938-9000. Dave Helm's was enticed to work at FoD and subsequently left to go into business for himself.
    FoD, without Mr. Helm's can only do warranty work, at best, and besides they are very successful at taking advantage of people's pocketbooks when in need of service. My vote- Don't go there!

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Ditto that recommendation for talking to Dave & Kris Helms at Scuderia Rampante in Boulder -- they did some good work for me recently at a fair (for exotic work) price IMO...

4. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    I also highly recommend Scuderia Rampante. I drove up from Colorado Springs to have some work done recently. Dave is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and does great work. IMHO - His prices are fair because he only charges you for the amount of time he's working on your car (what a concept). My car was up there at his shop pretty much all day but it was only 2.25 hrs of labor. He took the time to explain things to me and give his recommendations based on MY best interest, not necessarily his. I will be leaving Colorado at the end of July but will have Dave do my major service before I go - so leave some of his time for me please...Andy.

5. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Anyone who lives within 200 miles of Boulder should drive their car to Dave Helms for sevice, If they live more than 200 miles from Boulder, they should have their car shipped to Dave Helms. Dave has a newly purchased F40 in the shop that was trucked to him(from Canada I believe), the new owner could have sent the car anywhere in the country for its major service.

6. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Hey teaky360- give a call if you're back or are you respoding from Costa?
    Reg break pads back in. Have fun. That F40 is from Alberta, Canada. Goldbergs' cars are also serviced by Dave, and he transports them back and forth from Aspen no less.

7. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    As warranty manager for Ferrari of Denver, being a Ferrari authorized dealer says it all. We have the factory and a one year parts and labor warranty on repairs to back it up. It's nice to have a Ferrari authorized dealer on your service records. Plus, since you have a Euro car, how do you know anything about warranty? Please don't talk trash about FOD. You don't know what's going on here anyway.

8. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Brandi- Check your service records to verify just how much you guys rip people off! I know I was one of them- I can name a few others who have had the same experience- that's why they're all at Helms' shop! This is not trash talk-it's truth talk- deal with it!

9. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Brandi is right Factory service is the best. My friend is a porsche mechanic in Monterey california and if he gets a problem that he can't fix they have a Porsche Certified master mechanic to back him up. Chris relies on his knowledge from being a porsche owner and mechanic but, Karl worked in the factory for 12 years. Plus if you have a warranty I don't see any reason not to meet with Brandi!!

10. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Oh Boy! I would have rather seen this thread head a whole different direction.
    First off, my thanks to all for their kind words and support of our business. We are proud of what we are doing, and how we are doing it. It is my wish that we are all judged on our merits.
    I feel there is nothing to be gained with bad words said about anyones shop. This is a community that we all live in and there is room for all of us to prosper in. We each have our place in this community, and the existance of multiple business' gives everyone choices.
    Having operated a Ferrari repair shop back in Minneapolis, where the closest dealer was a 9 hrs drive away, I can say we are ALL fortunate to have one near us here.

Dave

11. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Well said Dave, you're not only a great mechanic but also a great friend. We should be very happy to have FOD in our town and not to have to go in an other state.
    The best in your business.
    Roland
    F40LM

12. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    What are you guys so happy about? Hey Roland is the 40 still under warranty?
    BTW; Do any of you guys have the OEM # for the vase that sits on the dash with a daisy in it?

13. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    Frank- I don't think it's right that I let you use my wheels and slicks at the track and then you trash talk me and FOD. We all love Dave very much but I feel that I should stand up for my dealership. You are very rude and lack a lot of class. That's something you have to deal with. You are a stero-typical Ferrari owner, or should I say partial euro Ferrari owner with a big mouth.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow, somebody worked Brandi up........Well I agree with you Brandi, Its not too cool to talk trash about FoD, I do hope to buy from there some day!

P.S. If you remember, its me Alex, you gave me a ride in the 360 at PPIR on May 8th, Thanks again! :)

15. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Brandi, Brandi, Brandi- You're going overboard. I have nothing personal against you. Your "dealership" took me for a ride along with another friend of mine. If your dealership had any integrity they wouldn't send a woman out to do battle for them. What you should have done was to call and find out how to resolve past and or present issues, however, that comes with experience.
    However, the way in which you are responding, will only hurt "your" dealership in the end. Your slicks are there to picked up, as you well know, but slicks without petrol in the tank won't perform. I suppose in your having a "moment" you omitted that little tid bit. Hey listen, it's inevitable that we will cross each others path again so let's not take this to a point of serious regret. Forced to stay tuned, your Buddy; Frank

16. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Uh oh, this is going to be an all out war here in a little while......

17. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I can understand where Brandi is comming from but this sort of sentiment is nothing new. Go on any other form of chat rooms..Porsche, BMW, Lambo, doesn't matter. There will always be a number of people who think their local dealer rates are a ripoff but the guy working in the back alley under the light of a full moon is the greatest mechanic in the world and we should all ship our cars to him for any servicing needs.
    Dave knows his stuff...we all know that but FoD has tremendous talent back in the shop too that is often overlooked because they are wrenching for a dealership.

18. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    My vote goes to Brandi, she looks way better than Frank !!!
    Roland
    F40LM

19. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Sorry if I'm opening up a whole new can of worms but what eactly did FoD do to constitute taking you and your friend for a "ride"?
    I don't think anyone around here at the dealership finds it necessary for Brandi to fight our so-called battles but it is nice to see that some people do care enough to voice their opinion when someone else is slandering their place of business. Becuase it came from a female point of view should not bear any relevance to the integrity of the comments.

20. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Alex,
    Dont go there, leave it alone.

Derek,
    "............but the guy working in the back alley under the light of a full moon"

Hey, I have a flashlite! Just tring to make "light" of something that got a little out of control.

Good to hear from you, Dave

21. Brandi_L

Brandi_L Rookie

Jun 14, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brandi Lukrafka
    Dave-You are so right this got way out of control. I'm sorry, but I've been reading this stuff for a while and I had had enough with Frank. We love you and miss you. By the way, we missed you on the Denver to Aspen leg of the Player's Run. Old Red did 3,400 miles like a champ! I even got to drive her on the Topeka track. I think I'll stick with the yellow car, it has brakes. Take care........

22. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Sorry Dave...it wasn't a shot at you. I was just making a gross generalization.

23. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Brandi,

I got daily updates and checks on your progress throughout the trip. The whole week I kept thinking back to a test drive in Dallas, and the stern statement from John, "NO! lets go back", it's come a long way from there, and seems like a life time ago. Congrats to you guys, well done. It takes alot of nerve to drive the Evil thing cross country! I wanted to stop by and see the whole group, but my back didnt cooperate at all. Had to chase stray cows back through the fence the day before. Just no fun when the pain level is high.
    Frank cant help it, he is from NY! Truely, he is one hell of a nice guy, a good friend, and a person that would help anyone without thinking about it. Yet, if he walks into the shop smiling and says "Good Morning", I know I have it comming straight between the eyes! I can hear it now. This AM he will walk through the door and I will hear a voice saying "what the hell is this, a Boulder Love Fest.....?" Its just a Brooklyn thing. We all have buttons, the wrong one was pushed here. Time will smooth this out. There were issues that were way beyond the control any of us had.
    Dave

24. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    It was never taken that way.
    Dave

25. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    So let's see what the Keebler Elves have scratched out this fine morning.
    Dave; first of all you're electrical rates just went up! You can also inform Mz. B that I have a daughter approximately her age, so that's a been there- done that. As you well know it is truely aggravating when you have to endure a number of these F chatters attempting to exceed their intellect. It's amazing what a difference of opinion can do. God Bless America!