My (most recent) caught speeding story. | FerrariChat

My (most recent) caught speeding story.

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Dopplemax, Jun 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Yesterday, heading down to a certain unamed southern maryland military installation, I am passing along a wide open (read tempting) 55mph highway. Unbenownst to me ;) there is a convenient 40 mph section over a hillcrest that also happens to be a quote unquote schoolzone, frequented by local constable types.

Marked car pulls out behind me, follows for a while with me dropping down to the yet again posted 55. Finally, lights are on and sirens ablaze.

I pull over, tops off the QV, sunglasses on, Skip Barber Racing School Graduate sticker on the rear glass. (great idea that one!) Mr. Officer asks the usual "do you know why I pulled you over?" question, to which I replied, "I imagine because I was exceeding the speed limit?"

He proceeds to tell me I was doing (70 in a 40mph schoolzone which equates to about $150.00 and two points on my liscense) and adds that I dont have a front plate to boot.

So he says he wants to give me a choice, he can write the speeding ticket, or, since I was the only person in recent memory that didn't say I had no idea why he pulled me over, he would give me a warning on the speeding and write me a $55 inspection ticket for the missing tag! Guess which I opted for.

Moral of the story: Be honest and prepare to take your lumps. Who knows what could happen!

2. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Well, that turned out well. Do you think it was the Ferrari that did it?

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    ROTFL! yeah, that might not be a great idea!

very funny though.

i assume that's right next to your "**** THE POLICE" sticker?

:)

doody.

4. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Yeah, I thought I might cover the "graduate" part with one that says "dropout", but then it might encourage additional punishment!

As for did the F-Car help? I think had been an ass, the F-Car would have fueled the flames. Being reasonable, I think he just thought I love my car!

5. likeyoudontknow

likeyoudontknow Karting
    BANNED

May 6, 2004
    Lucky you, I just got $461 in total fines for speeding....total prick state trooper....bet he loved it though!