Spotted: 360 spider near the beach | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Spotted: 360 spider near the beach

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, May 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

the guy who owns this car owns "butterfield 8", a restauraunt on wells in the city. he looks just like Rod Stewart....rock on.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed on the Rod Stewart part.
    :)

They must have been hanging out at the beach last week, the car was there again on several days.

3. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Noel, I think you are thinking of Alex Demetri who owns Butterfield 8. I am not sure if he still has a Ferrari, but this "custom" 360 is owned by one of my other customers who deals in real estate. But you're right about them both looking a bit like Rod Stewart!

4. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    This guy was not at the Oak St. show, but he did drive by at the end of the show, and I was standing by the 2nd lot and he looked at me and yelled out "Where's the style?" I was talking to this lady from the show who yelled back "Where's the cheese?" It was quite funny...

5. Seen him driving by with his wife. I was at that resturant eating outside forgot the name of the resturant it was the one right down the street from where the 2 Bentley Gt' where parked and the Gallardo and Murci before it left.

6. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    whoops..I meant Demetri Alexander who own Butterfield 8, not Alex Demetri. Tony also had his 360 spider out Saturday night during the Ferrari cocktail party. He drove it up and down Rush street a few times.

7. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Very honestly, I personally care less how others like their Ferrari. In this particular case, anything he has done does not impair performance, so that's really 100% fine with me.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As much as I like your tolerant attitude, I hope what he has done does indeed affect performance: That rear wing ought to increase downforce.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I never knew truckers made enough to buy a 360! Where's the naked chick mudflaps!?

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Oh my...

11. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona

and you do what for a living; and what type of Ferrari do you drive.....

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

LOL. Soon enough I'll get whatever one I please.

Ferrari ownership is not the key to having an opinion. My apologies if you ARE a Ferrari-driving trucker.

13. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well said, as usual, Ryan. Your original comment was very funny as was Mike's pithy retort.

BTW, I'm having one hell of a time getting started today...reading FChat and commenting on meaningless yet amusing comments!

14. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    not necessary, I'm not a 'ferrari driving trucker'; although there are days......

was just mess'n with you.....

15. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Should have asked Uday Hussein about his daily professional activities. He drove a 348 which I read is some burned up hulk beside some bridge in Baghdad and that pops Saddam had a TR... I think everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it doesn't subject too much negativity or is a direct attack onto someone else's will. Im in the food business: I know of two young gentlemen in Milwaukee who are brothers and through the luck of a great family run business each have a 360. They're both under 30, had all that could be dreamed of offered to them growing up. Should we have an opinion on them or their ownership? Absolutely not!!! As long as one has an appriciation and knowledge of the subject, I think they should speak. Ryan has spoke well in other posts, so keep the opinions rolling. Just don't degrade this 360 person's taste too much, Ryan. If asked if you like it, state no.

RocketBoy

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well said.

And you know what? Each day I'm coming home from work, that red 360 sits at the beach. So who has the last laugh now, Goldenboy getting a tan or me sitting all day at work? More power to him!

17. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's all good Mike! :)

Wow, I must have hit a good vein with my cutting remark... there was like 26 other scathing posts before mine, but mine got noticed. ;)

Sure Rocketboy, I'm not going to say someone can't do something - to each their own - but I reserve the right to call on something like that when it's downright outlandish. I mean, that guy MUST be the type that says, "ah, screw what everyone else says" anyway to be so contrarian in his taste. I mean, that is out there.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sounds like my middle name is Troy Mc CLure.
    :)