Gallardo Police Cars... | FerrariChat

Gallardo Police Cars...

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jun 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just saw a news report showing some Blue and White Lambo Gallardo's as Police Cars in Rome,Italy. Mostly used as Highway Patrol. Pretty Funny.

And,they said that back in the 1960's,they used Black Ferrari's. Didn't say which model,though....

I remember seeing an article in one of the Automobile Publications many years ago about some State Troopers in Georgia using TransAms as Highway Patrol Cars. They said,"Thats Nothing. Back in the Early 70's,we had GTO Judges!"...:)

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

That's VERRRRRRy OLLLLLLLd news about the Lambo police car.

Keep us posted on what's happenin' today; not what happened yesterday.

That's ancient history! :)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The current edition of Forza has an article about the 250 GTE and it mentions, that two cars went to the Italian police for driver training during which one was totalled.

In the original "Italian Job" movie the police drives some Fiat Dinos.

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

I don't know about that,Skip. It was just ON the News THAT DAY.....So,I'm going to venture to say that it IS "New" News....:)Normally,World News Channels don't run "Old" News,ya think...?

I suppose that other Italian Towns have had Lambo Police cars through the Years. These are Gallardo's.

5. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    As we all known from 53 ( that race track that goes past Schaumburg, ) if you are not going 80 you are being passed like you're standing still. I am guessing, but because of this and the fact the court house next to Arlington is near by, one sees a variety of unmarked police cars. I have seen three types/series of Mustangs, a camaro, firebird and Pontiac Grand Prix. I would hesitate to pull over for a Pontiac GP, even in my H2. Would still none-the-less.

Remember those million posters of a Lambo Countach for Cali Hwy Patrol? Or the vette? Never saw one in action. Way back in my college days I used to veg out to the look how bad reality has gotten tv show, World's Scarriest Police Chases. Never saw a Lambo or Vette in pursuit. Never saw one being chased for that matter. A Camaro and last model Benz S class put up the best fights. The Camaro beached on a curb and the driver was shot up. The S calss was like the Bismark on the Atlanta highway, much more impressive, agile, durable. Its good both drivers got whats comming to them.

Anyone who shows off and blasts away on a public road deserves what's at risk. Want to go fast, go to a race track, some uncle's farm road, on a highway where no one or even dragonfly is close to being on at the moment. Those that truly love and understand their cars realize what is involved and going fast should be left in an enclosed environment and to people named Schumacher, Senna and Hill. Having fun is ok, but as long at it is limited and in the right circumstances. These rice rocket idiots and all people who think they are the world's greatest SUV drivers simply insult the human race. Its a shame the "Im so great" disease is infesting Viper and Vette drivers.

I hope these Italian cops realize that their Gallardos are useless and the money was a complete waste. Once their suspects blow past 120 they do not have to worry about playing catch up, because on a public road, the cops will be more suited for clean up in just a few minutes in pursuit.

RocketBoy

6. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I had seen the story a couple of weeks ago.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Well,criticize the News station that showed it a couple weeks later :( ...not me....:) Just passing along something that I saw,that might interest those who DIDN'T see the story yet. No big deal,methinks....:)

YOU might have seen the story a few weeks ago. But,doesn't mean that everyone else has.

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :):):):)

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Nyah,Nyah,Nyah!!!!! :)

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Hey Frank,

As you know Skip is using some medical terms as an excuse to have a little stay in a hospital. After talking to him I believe the truth is he is going there to be waited on hand and foot by some lovely twenty something year old tall and blonde Sweedish nurses. Regardless, the latest copy of Car magazine, ( a very good English Road&Track type magazine, ) has a pic and article of those Gallardos. I'd say give one to Skip for reading material during his recoop, but I think he will be loading himself up on eye candy instead.

RocketBoy

PS: For all those fans interested in supercars, this is a very good issue that lists the fate of such cars such as the Bugatti EB110 and what problems the Veyron is having. It also has a comparison between the MB SLR, Porsche GT, and Enzo.

11. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

I'll back Skip here, i too saw it a while ago, in fact, i think there was a post on the Main F-chat discussion forum about this a while ago.

Here : http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17916&highlight=lambo+police

News stations will sometimes re-run old stories if there is a slow news day, especially those news stations that run 24/7....

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Again...I was just passing along something that I saw that day on the News. I was totally unaware that there was some kind of Contest as to "Who saw it First". No big Deal. Next time,I just won't bother sharing if I'm gonna get grief for it. Geez....!

13. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Frank-

By now you should know that 'Life' is a contest.

There will always be someone there to refute you, no matter what you do or say.

Lighten up, at least you're in the running in this 'Contest'.

I personally think you'll take 1st. place in your category; TOTWMOTT!

Figure it out......;)

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    HeeHee! Skip. I was being silly. (Trying to sound melodramatic,but it's hard to on this venue...) I was being my usual Goofy self. You SHOULD know me by now...

O.K....Godfather,WTF does TOTWMOTT mean? (And,please. Tell me before you go in for Surgery....:) )

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You picked a bad day to call somebody a Godfather.
    :(