Why wouldn't you ??????? | FerrariChat

Why wouldn't you ???????

Discussion in '308/328' started by ronsupercar, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
  2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Maintaince is why they are cheap. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ON CHAINS!! (no belts :))

I would not due to snow (not so much driving in snow, but salt on the roads --> rust ---> me depressed. :p

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    the next cheap carb one i find i am going to buy. i passed on three. one was $3000.00 and it ran.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Because they're ugly. Ok, that's a bit harsh, but they definitely don't have the presence that other Fcars have.

I'll still probably own one eventually, just to see what the V12 infatuation is about.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    that's the word i'd use,....but my momma told me.......

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    those melted relay panels under the seat are a real joy to deal with also, IMO.

7. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Oh and the price is kinda high..IMO. Martin had one with less or similar miles for 15k flat I believe.

8. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Where did you find one for $3k? Why did you pass on that? It must have been trashed but still.

9. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Deferred maintenance from owners who could buy one because they were cheap but not afford the repairs and preventive maintenance

10. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Don't knock it until you try it. Remember, its not a little V8 coupe. Its a real GT car. I've had my 365 since 1997, and I don't plan on ever selling it.

11. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I personally think the car is very "hansom."

Definitely an "executive express" car.

Additionally, it is very low priced, and extremely practical. I think a four seater Ferrari is mind blowing to most people. That equals extra points for me.

Anyhow... Look at this similar example for much more retail style money:

http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com/11.htm

Another beauty, and nearly impeccable. It really shows how this eBay version could quite possibly be bought right.

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

$52K for a 1987 412???? Unless Enzo was just exhumed, and then died again, there's no way that car will ever trade hands in the 50's -- let alone the mid-40's.

NNO/Carbon --- am I all wet here?

-Daniel

13. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I'm not NNO or Carbon, but I think Mr Buxton must be getting a bit proud of his cars if he is asking $52K for a 412 with AUTO trans. If he put this in any market with a $32K buy it now price, it wouldn't move. If he listed it at $22k, he might get a few casual tire kickers.

No disrespect to a terrific automobile, but the market isn't exactly hot on the 400/412 series.

14. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA

Well actually, I think both cars mentioned are probably in the same "ball park". The first one is worth $15k, but you will be bled to the tune of another 25k making it right ($40k total). Brian Buxton's cars generally are better examples, and this one sounds pretty top notch (last version (412), recent service, full Shedoni luggage set, etc.). Figure the "selling price is around $42k. So nice examples then are around low 40k, for either....easy huh?

I mean come on, all those $24k 400's I've seen or heard about needed TON'S of stuff....shocks (they are fortune to fix), interior leather dry/cracked, dash problems, engine oil leaks, etc. I'm sure truly good ones go in the mid/upper 30's. And the top notch ones higher still.

15. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    By the way, someone mentioned snow / salt / rust. In Albuquerque, where this car is located (and where I live), they do NOT use salt on the roads; they use a red-brown colored sand. It's very dry out here, which is great for keeping a car in good shape (which is one reason we have so many old cars out here running around--they don't fall apart).

Then again, the guy mentioned he bought it in CA in 2003.

16. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    By the way, I'd be glad to check out this car for somebody (someone actually serious about the car, so I'm not jerking the seller's chain).

--Mike

17. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i play with muscle cars, and i buy and sell as a hobby. i bought Mike Procopio 's old 308 through FerrariChat. that is the reason i passed on the other cars i had looked at. Mikes old 308 is almost finished, so i may be on the prowl again for parts cars or ferrari's to "learn on" . its better to buy a beater to learn on and part out if you need to , than to say spend $$$ on a car that is 25+ years old and will need lots of hidden maintanence done anyway.( beater comment not directed at the Marrone 308) i do most of my own work , and i am not too concerned with resale or originality when Z28's and trans ams are getting me $$$$$ and i can buy ferraris like they were "common" cars. when intrest rates rise and the variable home equity loans these folks took out to buy all these over priced cars change, you will see a drop in the market again. coupled with rising fuel prices its going to be a buyers market on SOME choice models in the next 18 months or so . and i still want a carb Countach too!!!!!!!!!!!

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It looks very interesting to me. We're missing the VIN though. I asked the seller to provide that.

19. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Lucky ba$tard!! :) Seriously, they coat the roads in PA! I swear sometimes you would need your wipers on since the driver in front of you was kicking the stuff up onto your car!