Wolf Mountain Vineyards Car Show - Father's Day | FerrariChat

Wolf Mountain Vineyards Car Show - Father's Day

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 512Professore, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    Well, it's that time of year again... when many events are popping up. For those who recall, this same event was held last year at Wolf Mountain Vineyards, located just north of Dahlonega, and is being held again this year. The event was very, very nice with great food, a wine tasting and winery tour, and of course some very nice cars including various Ferraris, Jaguars, Corvettes, Porsche, etc.

The same venue is on for this Sunday, Father's Day, with the staging of cars at 11:00am, and I understand that Carl(the owner) has a few remaining spots available. Similar to last year, for those who bring their car for showing, the wonderful food will be free. This is also a good excuse to take the car for a little drive into the "hills" of northern Georgia.

You may contact Wolf Mountain Vineyards at (706) 867-9862 for further details, or visit their web site http://www.wolfmountainvineyards.com

2. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    When are you leaving Brian? A.J.

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Yes I went to this last year and it was wonderful. I plan on attending again this year.

4. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Karl, the owner of Wolf Mountain called me to say that he has 2 spots for cars in his Father's Day show and would like it if a couple of Ferraris could come. Whoever goes will get their meal for free. His cell number is 404-538-9244. Have a great time and please take some pictures.

5. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    A.J.....

I spoke with Karl yesterday, and was informed that he wants the cars to stage at 11am, so with Atlanta traffic snarls, stop lights and all, I plan on leaving the house at 9:45am, or 10am at the latest. The cops seem to be rather "thick" at times around Dahlonega, so an easy/light foot on the loud pedal would be wise.

Perhaps you should call Karl @ (404) 538-9244 and confirm your spot.
    See you there ??

6. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    That's rather interesting, as I was in attendance all day at the show, took part in the wine tasting and tour, but never did see you or your car anywhere !!!

7. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    How far would this trip be from Dunwoody?

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Brian, I was there last year with Regina. I went on the winery tour with Terry Springer and Frank Parker, spoke to Karl about his Mercedes. Whats your point?

Ken, from Dunwoody it will take about 45 minutes. Go straight up 400.