Mendocino | FerrariChat

Mendocino

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by mannytranny, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    I live in Mendocino county, in a little town (Gualala) next to the Sonoma boarder, about 45 minutes from Mendocino. I was wondering if anyone lives in Mendocino county, or is planning an events near there.
    My friend saw a yellow 360 Modena with a Red 360 Spider here once, and I saw a 575/550 (can't remember) with a 348, 2 Esprits, a Boxster and an M3, if that was any of you guys.
    thanks a lot,
    Brady

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    That was us!

We did a drive up that way last year, hopefully we'll do it again it was fun!

3. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    wow! that is so cool! We saw you at the Little River Inn. we drove up so I could check your sweet cars out, right as you left. we tried to stay behind you, but couldn't keep up! Then we saw you again in Mendocino, with our windows down, you guys sounded awesome!
    Hope to see you next time you drive by.
    Brady

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Let's go again!!!

I am *itching* to drive you guys...

--Dan

Correction: I'm driving a crapload, but *DRIVE*.... ahem... although I made it from Sonoma to Hillsborough in an hour two nights ago...those tunnels...DIOS MIO!

5. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    What cars (in the picture) belong to which people?

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    The black 348 was Vincent's (now 355), the 550 behind it is mine, and then th rest I'm not sure. We had a very large group that day and I met a few new people.

--Dan

7. Wankel

Wankel Rookie

May 24, 2004
    Cock-Pit
    Holy Crap, that would be so awesome if you guys did another drive through/around here, I too live in mendocino county, and would love to see some sick cars. If you guys are really serious about taking another drive. Please give us the dates to when you'd do it, cause man that would be incredibly cool!

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    That was one of my favourite runs for sure! Too cool that you saw us and remenbered!

The Esprit guys came along to party, and we all tore 128 clean up. The last 10 miles through the redwoods before you hit the coast were my fav.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Let's try and get something going for lunch at a local resturant or hotel. Maybe something special, at least a reservation this time ;).

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That ride I made at midnight into Sonoma via 121 to 128 will stay in my mind as one of the great ones...Valeria retells it to her friends and it gets more death defying every time!!!

I wasn't scared at all..I do still have a little brake pedal flutter, from warping the rotors......maybe change the fluid too!

Now that deer...HE was scared! LOL! Went right straight up a cliff!

"Mendocino County Line"
    Willie Nelson, with Lee Ann Womack

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I didn't see any redwoods...put that on the list for next time!

I guess it would be better in the daytime, huh?

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Well, John is in the Mendocino area, so I'm sure he would know where to go.

I'm definetly game. Alright you jokers...let's set it up. First weekend of July?

VINCENT: any word on our drive?

--Dan

12. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    If this gets arranged, PLEASE tell me when, so I can stand by the road, and watch as you fly by!
    Gosh, this is too cool! hope you guys do this.

13. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I'm planning, Reno as a stopover, Hwy 50 thru Nevada to 70 and on up to ft collins. Maybe 40 thru colorado haven't decided yet. Probably spend one night in Utah.

Isn't the first weekend in July the 4th of July. May not be the best time...

14. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Manny, I live in Mendocino. Drop me a line if you ever want to go for a drive. I met the Ferrari club down at Salt Point recently, lots of cars and abalone bbq. If you guys want to come up, let me know, I have an inn in town with hot tubs and massage too! www.sweetwaterspa.com
    The drive I am lusting after is the backroads highway from around redway over to 5 around red bluff. Here is link, http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway36.htm
    There are some super roads in the very northern part that are so worth the trip if you have a couple of days. Anyway, if anyone is coming, please let me know, love to hook up if possible. John

15. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan, first weekend of July would be very slow going as there will be tons of people out and about, esp. winnabagos etc. We are coming down to Napa July 15/16 to meet some friends visiting from Hawaii, so if anyone wants to drive up or back with us, let me know.

16. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    Wow, thanks for the offer, but onfortunately, I don't have a Ferrari, I'm only 14. Future owner though! Ever drive through Gualala?

17. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Manny, are you pulling my leg here? If not, more power to you, never to young to get the fever. I do drive through Gualala every couple of months.

18. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    John- You have to be kidding, too good to be true! Now we're talking! Do I sense a potential over-night in the works to give 36 it's due flogging? (maybe once the onset of 'winter' scares away all the tourists and opens the roads and comfy convertible days to us.

Pashnit raves about 36 like I rave about 128, this should be good.

Perhaps we could put something quick together on July 16th, PM me or e-mail me [email protected]

19. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    How many people are up for a drive on July 4th weekend? I have a friend with a Vector who's willing. Quite a few Viper owners. One Lambo. Three M3s. Tons of Lotus owners. There's gotta be at least a few Ferrari owners.

We are doing it Saturday.

Winnebago = overtaking opportunity.

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Faisal: what's the route? I am in.

--Dan

21. mannytranny

mannytranny Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    you are so nice!! you are my hero.

22. ART360

ART360 Guest

How about an August trip? I'm getting the 360 into California on 8/11, so I can't make the July trip, but August would be pretty good.

Art

23. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    We can do August as well. But we are definitely going driving on Saturday, July 3rd. I have quite a few cars lined up. Please let me know if you plan to attend.

Ben, can you help plan a nice route? We came back inland last time. Perhaps down the coast this time, if it's not foggy?

Looking forward to a fun, fast day!

24. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I should be around as well.

Faisal,

any interest in going to yosemite on Saturday?

25. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I considered Yosemite, but that route will be *really* congested...so will the roads to neighboring Stanislaus.