What happened to the Koenig Twin Turbo F50 | FerrariChat

What happened to the Koenig Twin Turbo F50

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Matt LaMotte, Apr 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    It was a fairly popular car but beside the stuff I have seen on the website they had it seems to have disappeared. Anyone have any info on who has it and where it is?

NT-16M likes this.
  2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
  3. poyta

poyta Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    Adelaide
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    I think the silence tells you the whole story. No one knows anything. I'm also curious about this one or any other F50 with the twin Turbo kit. Let me know if you hear something.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'll bet it's just sitting in a German collector's garage.

5. Italiyun

Italiyun Rookie

Dec 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trey
    I believe it is owned by "Alex" in LA. There was only one Koenig f50? Very nice car, needs emblems though, IMO. Dont know how to attach images from another site, so here is a link:
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470707

6. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    That website has more fakes than any other site I have seen on the net. I'm pretty sure that if the car was in the states we would have heard quite a bit more. Ryan is probably right. My guess is that a collector snatched it up and has it stowed away.

7. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I saw a website a long time ago that had all the information along with several short videos of the car being driven along some country roads. It also had several pages about the buildup of ther engine as well. No big deal if anyone cannot find anything. Like I said I am suprised it is not talked about more.

8. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
  9. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I'm pretty sure that is just some kid pretending to own the F50...none of the pictures of the F50 are original, he got all those pics straight from Koenig's site, which is pretty fishy. If I was going to take the time to put my Ferrari on Cardomain.com I would at least take a few original pictures, it only takes 5 minutes with a digital camera....

I have that vid (I think we're talking about the same thing here), and it does sound funky...sounds pretty fake to me, but it sounds pretty cool in a few of the other vids floating around.

There's also a really cool article in Top Gear magazine where they drive the beast...which I have if anyone wants to see, but each scan is rather large (1400x1900 & ~7mb, its bitmap) so I don't think I can post it here on Ferrarichat...

10. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I believe the Koenig F50 went to the UK. But I don't have more details ...

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Thats correct . We dont know the name of the owner because he didnt want to have those lovely tax people on his ass :) althought they would have a hard time chasing him ..

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That Koenig F50 is going to end up having its own E! True Hollywood Story episode!

13. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Reminds me of another "Alex" in m5board.com who says he has an Aston Martin. It should be the same guy

14. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I remember in C&D or R&T the turbo F50 and TR of some computer nerd (I think the dude that developped the Doom games and such), prepared by Dr Yes (only thing I can remember from the article) ...

15. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, that was John Carmack's Norwood-tuned F50

16. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Exactly. Now that you say it, it comes back. I also remember the F50 had setup problems, but the TR was quite a good performer.

17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

hehe those are great shows....i ll get that episode 3 or 4 years after u guys though :)

18. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the norwood twin turbo is for sale in the recent fml with the statement that it is being converted back to "standard" specs. thus the norwood f50 twin turbo will exist no more.

19. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    one of the norwood guys came on here a few weeks ago and said it was being converted back right now.

The koenig one was based in london when the top gear article was released

20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    btw, the lack of badges on pics of the car is because of fear of "legal action" from ferrari for changing the original spec of the car or something like that.

21. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Chris,
    I still have that Koenig F50 article that you shared with everyone. :)
    Thanks again

22. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    no prob man, thanks. Someone on jabbas world copied all of them (the koenig f50, clk gtr, gt1 etc) and claimed them as his own so they may still be floating around there if someone hasn't seen it.