the sultan's f90 | FerrariChat

the sultan's f90

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tx246, Jun 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    does anyone have pice of the f90? this was a car that was built for the sultan of brunei in the ealry 90's. it has a glass roof structure. i have seen bbr models show up on ebay occasionally, but have never seen pics of an actual car, other then the pics that appeared in car magazines from the time period. i know this is a rare car, but i have to believe that pics exist. i know alot about the sultans cars, but this particular car seems to exist below the radar screen.

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I do not know of any pictues except this one:

http://www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/fsw/fsw1002/duotones150/22-4.jpg

3. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    i have a few pics of the Ferrari FX that was for the Sultan, but Marconi has one at his collection in Tustin California, i believe there is another one but i forget then name of it. Weird looking cars i might add

4. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I have one picture on my own website. Go to www.red-headed.com, go to Articles and scroll down to the Pininfarina F90. It's a poster, but a real car is used for it. I have one or two more pictures at home. Also the one posted here in this thread, but a bit bigger. I will let you know!

By the way, nice Grigio Ingrid 360 in one of your other threads ;) Lovely colour!

5. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    Nice find on the F90, it is one of the lesser known car in Sultan's collection.
    amazingly when I search for "pininfarina fx" and "pininfarina f90" in google it shows only ONE result: Red-headed.com! Very impressive

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i have seen pics of these cars years ago when they were taken in brunei. it amazes me that more photos don't exist. i can't recall what magazine i saw them in. there is also a bbr model that i have seen a couple of times on ebay.

i think the glass roof is interesting and i am curious how it is constructed.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Here's a larger image of the poster.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That silly crap about not being able to save the picture is senseless...
    Here's the screen you see when you put the mouse over the picture and then, below that, is the picture... :)