Canada update - Spoiler | FerrariChat

Canada update - Spoiler

Discussion in 'F1' started by imperial83, Jun 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Brakes are always critical around Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and today Ralf Schumacher finished in a fine second position behind Michael Schumacher, but seemingly Schumacher’s hard work was for nothing. Both he and team-mate Juan Pablo Montoya, who finished in fourth position have been disqualified from the race. Toyota runners Cristiano da Matta who finished in eight and Olivier Panis have also been excluded.

AFP are reporting that both teams featured illegal brake cooling ducts and have therefore been disqualified. The breaking news means that Ferrari secured a Canadian one-two result ahead of Button in his BAR Honda. The rest of the pack shuffles up with Giancarlo Fisichella moving from sixth to fourth in his Sauber Petronas ahead of Kimi Raikkonen in fifth , Coulthard in sixth,. It is double- delight for Jordan Ford as both Timo Glock and Nick Heidfeld are now classified in seventh and eight positions respectively.

This is a major upset for Williams and Toyota.

E.A.
    Source AFP

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    please try not to post results in the title. it's only been a few hours since the race ended - the folks who were at grandma's house with the kids today might be planning to watch it on tivo.

doody.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sorry for the mistake. I have asked a moderator to delete the thread!

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Sorry I can't do anything about it, this is tifosi12, Brian C. Stradale, & Wayne Ausbrooks's forum. I get all of the offtopic and general dis. forums.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sorry guys, got a little late on this one. Wasn't on line last night. Changed the title now.

6. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Its my fault. Got a little too excited with the news.

7. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Don't blame yourself. Anyone with TiVo should stay away from any source of info until they have watched their TiVo program.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I agree.

It is not a good idea to give away racing results in a header or post without the spoiler warning. But if you really care about not hearing the result accidentally, stay away from a forum that dedicates itself to racing. Duh.

Reminds me of some European travel I did where I had no chance to watch the GP, but had the VCR (remember VCRs?) programmed at home. The next day I closed my eyes each time I'd get close to a newsstand and my girlfriend had to tell me whether it was safe to look up again.

9. jmacphee

jmacphee Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joseph MacPhee
    I was sailing on Sunday and Tivo'd the race. As I was sitting down to watch it Sunday night my wife says to me: "Is there a clause in Reubens contract that says he can't pass Michael?" I don't know what stunned me more: that she watched the race, or at least part of it, or that she would spoil the end for me. I thought RB had done another pull-over-and-let-MS-pass-on-the-last-lap again. She just winked and walked away; so for the whole race I kept expecting RB to pass MS, which never happended. At least it made the whole race exciting to watch because I kept waiting for it to happen, even after RB spun himself out of P2.

Joe

10. jmacphee

jmacphee Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joseph MacPhee
    I was sailing on Sunday and Tivo'd the race. As I was sitting down to watch it Sunday night my wife says to me: "Is there a clause in Reubens contract that says he can't pass Michael?" I don't know what stunned me more: that she watched the race, or at least part of it, or that she would spoil the end for me. I thought RB had done another pull over and let MS pass on the last lap again. She just winked and walked away; so for the whole race I kept expecting RB to pass MS, which never happended. At least it made the whole race exciting to watch because I kept waiting for it to happen, even after RB spun himself out of P2.

Joe