Ford GT or 360 - I'm down for one of 28 UK Cars!!! | FerrariChat

Ford GT or 360 - I'm down for one of 28 UK Cars!!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by homemark, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. homemark

homemark Rookie

May 23, 2004
    London
    Interesting conmundrum?

I'm one of 28 people in the UK allocated a Ford GT with anticipated delivery in Q1 2005. This week I received my order pack with the specification, extras, colours etc. Ford have been very good with all sorts of invites including the Motorshow (actually got to kick the tyres) and later in the month to Goodwood.

Ford won't yet be drawn on the price although I'm reckoning on circa £110-120k.

I'm amazed at the difference in opinion this car has created. Some think the GT will be simply awesome whilst others see it as none other than a Capri with a big engine!

So, what do you guys think.

Imagine you're sitting there in 9 months time with a Ford GT and a 360. What would you choose and why?

2. nickster

nickster Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    The moon
    Full Name:
    nickster
    Blimey.You are truly blessed.
    I'd go for the GT40.

I'd borrow the clothes off a scarecrow and get a stupid wig.Then I'd drive round being really nasty - stopping to steal sweets off kids,asking hard blokes if they are gay etc before giving them autographed Jeremy Clarkson pictures and speeding off.

3. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    no contest altho they are totally different cars in concept and execution, def the gt all the way, if you change your mind after you can sell at a profit and get the 360
    steve

4. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    So we all know the history of the GT40 and why it was made-to kick a££ at le mans,and it did a fine job,its a great car we all know that, good chassis all well balanced out so the press/tv keep telling us,saw it at the motor show very nice indeed,
    so i will take the 360 from a pure engineering point of view and thats nothing to do with push rods and timing belts,

cheers
    Dale.

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    The gt is a lovely car and a brute in all aspects, the 360 is refined and i think looks more stylish and slick.

But hey that only my opinion, ive never driven a GT ;-(