Watch those guages!!! | FerrariChat

Watch those guages!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rob lay, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I lost the A/C belt this morning and that took out the Water Pump belt.

This is a reminder to watch those gauges!!! I'm very religious about watching the gauges, every 20-30 seconds I'm glancing over water, oil pressure, and oil temp. Car was running perfect, nothing to indicate something was wrong, but in a matter of a mile I just watched the water temp go from normal upwards. I pulled over immediately, if I would have waited until water was overflowing who knows how much damage there could have been. Just accessory belts are cheap.

Thanks to James from Norwood Performance yet again. These guys are amazing, I don't know how many times they've saved me. Just a month ago James drove up to help JimE out so he could do the Poker Run. James was at my car in Grapevine within 30 minutes and then had the tow on the way.

www.norwoodperformance.com

2. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Bad luck after our chance encounter yesterday. All you needed in the middle of the move. Thanks for the tip off on Norwood, I really must go see them they are a terrifc resource for us in this area.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I wish you would have been following me this morning and not yesterday! :D

Hey, I noticed your Audi didn't have any badges that I saw. I don't know my Audis, but looked really nice with the large wheels. You remove the badges?

4. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    gald to hear no damage on the 328 Rob. Yeah, James knows how to make customers. I've called him more than a few times, he's helped me out lots. BTW- Last time I was at the shop, the F-Chat 355 Challenge was there. It looks like fun. I played with it.