Is there a conspiracy at Crystal Cove ? | FerrariChat

Is there a conspiracy at Crystal Cove ?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by F456 V12, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    My vast right wing conspiracy side of me tells me the flyer, which has been circulated over the last few weeks, is actually an internal memo from the home office of Starbuck to the local store manager. As a corporate type, I’ll do my best to translate this flyer into the actual internal memo.

Please spread the word! The Irvine Company has now given their stamp of approval for our weekly Saturday morning cruise at Crystal Cove shopping center.

[Translation: Store Manager: If you don’t keep those car guys drinking our over priced coffee, you will be the next manager at our new Tim Horton’s Yukon Territories store (sorry Canada.]

After months of frustration and serious thoughts about having to move to a new location, we can now relax and enjoy one of the great venues in the world for car guys to swap stories and admire each other’s cars. Where else can you go to find a half-mile of unobstructed ocean view and hundreds of rare collector cars on display every Saturday morning?

[Translation: The Dana Point location (franchisee) is willing to cut down trees and mow down buildings to improve the view and attract the car guys. So,

Out of respect for the homeowners just above the shopping center who like to sleep in on Saturday mornings, we are not entering the parking lot until 7:00 AM. And, out of appreciation for the store operators at the center, we need you to shop at their stores and tell them how much we appreciate their allowing us to use their parking lot.

[Translation: in order to compete with the Dana Point Location and to show appreciation for the car guy’s patronage, you are authorized to offer between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM each Saturday reserved complimentary parking with security guards to protect the cars from damage and unworthy onlookers. All unworthy cars will be kept out and away from the public at all costs and civil decorum. Finally, ]

We have become welcomed guests at the center because of our sensitivity to sound levels and our collective thoughtfulness for those leveling the premise litter free every week. Thanks for doing that. You make us proud of car guys!

[Translation: Your requisition to add staff has been granted. We made a concession with the local homeowners and agreed to let you hire a number of their undocumented workers to help clean up the parking lot.]

Seriously, I’d be OK with the whole lining up and staying out if the Irvine Company would not cordon off the lots and try to manage the traffic. Still trying to figure out what concessions were made to keep us there and not go to the alternate location. IMHO nothing has changed

Mark

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Mark,

I was there last Saturday and the Rent A Cops seemed to be particularly unfriendly. They don't seem to happy with us Car Guys there and a one of Security Guards in a Golf Cart was particularly nasty to a few people. Maybe we should try the Dana Point location one week to see how it pans out.

Tony

3. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I've run into mostly nice rent-a-cops at the cove.. but there are a few bad ones! Just get their name and file a complaint with the security company..... It's not worth arguing with them... !!

Closing the lot off @ 7:20am kinda pisses me off though.!! that's not cooperation.

Does the Dana Point meet manage the parking lot also??

Anyone try Dana Point yet? I'd like to know your opinions...

Thanks
    Patrick

4. Titanboy_24

Titanboy_24 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas Scarfone
    lol..that was harsh:(!

5. Srgtfury

Srgtfury Rookie

May 16, 2004
    I was at the Monarch Bay Plaza about a month ago, fueling my AMG at 6:15AM on the CC chosen Saturday. I think that is the alternative site in question. There were about 20 cars there, at that time ,in the lot contiguous to the filling station-no F cars. I haven't been by there on a Sat. since, but think that the Satrbuck's there is poorly situated compared to CC, if that makes any difference. Also, if the largest lot is used, there is a bit of fall in the lot and ther grocery stores (shopping carts) are on the high ground. At any rate, if the gathering is moved to Dana Point, maybe I'll get a few of my boys to bring the Jura-Capresso down for some real quality Java;-).

If you are coming from the South on PCH to this location, be alert just after Niguel Road, where ther is an informal memorial to 2 local teens, tragically lost in an accident a few weeks ago. Since then, another traffic fatality occurred near the memorial.

Thank you very much

Fury