Anyone notice HPD is out of control ? | FerrariChat

Anyone notice HPD is out of control ?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ralfabco, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I was on I-10 heading West. The cop was on the center island waiting for speeders. A white SUV runs past the cop in the left lane. The cop kicks up dust and debris, while forcing his way into the traffic to get the hard to catch SUV. It is ok for all the other motorists to hit their brakes for the patient policeman.

Ever seen a cop lately stop a motorist on a 2 lane road ? All of the sudden, it is now a one lane road.

Do not even think about parking illegally downtown. They have people driving around, "all day" waiting to put something on your windshield. LOL At least it is better than something on your wheel.

I was on a three lane road in the left lane. There was also an option to make a left turn. This was a protected left turn traffic signal. I waited until the last moment, to possibly still make the left turn. I was willing to stay in the left lane; if necessary and continue without turning. I put my turn signal on, and entered the far left lane and proceeded to make the turn. I was pulled over. The policeman told me that I made an illegal left turn. I told the policeman that I choose the option every day. I did not make an illegal turn. I put my turn signal on and merged into the lane (before) I was into the intersection. I was let off the hook. Amazing !

Memorial day weekend (Sunday) I parked illegally outside Edwards theaters (Greenway) for an 11PM show. There was a ticket on the car when I returned to the car. Someone is desperate to make a little change. I suppose the policeman that prevents 18 year old kids from pulling guns in the theater, has other additional duties ?

I guess the city needs a little more than a billion dollars for the pension fund. Where are they going to find the funds ?

Caution !!
    They are ruthless.
    They want your $$

now about those seat belts. LOL
    They want ..u. ..

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've been caught by a roadlock set up over no front plate. TC Jester south of W. 11th.

On my way home from court (insurance dismissal, only warning on front plate when I had it loose in car) they were there again!

I had just opened a cool one, two blocks from home, in a DIFFERENT car with no front plate...... :(

Thankfully, they were all busy already with other motorists!

Don't even WANT to think of the trouble!

Put your front plates on, and watch your manners!

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    that's why they are revenue assessors, they assess the revenue they'll hope to get.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    BTW, where are your front plates Ralph?

5. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    They must have fallen off.

Look at the bent screws. They were just their a minute ago.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I went rummaging in the garage and found a fresh set for the Trans Am that were never installed. (2002)

They have a frilly type face..instead of the block letters it uses Helvetica or something...do they let gay guys stamp these out??????

Now I need a front bracket...