The FChat Dollar! | FerrariChat

The FChat Dollar!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jun 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    #1 PeterS, Jun 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK...This may be fun! I mailed this dollar to BRUCE. He can sign it and mail it to another FChat member who will sign it and mail it to anither FChat member and so on. Lets see how many members we can get on the front and back. Receiving participants can post a picture of it as it gets filled up with names! Once filled with names, we can figure out what to do with it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    you're all going to go to jail, y'know ;).

here's a more fun game, imo: each of us take a dollar bill and write "FERRARICHAT - <USERNAME>" on the left margin, obviously replacing <USERNAME> with your actual username. then put it back in your wallet.

eventually you will spend the dollar out of your wallet. over time, let's see if any of us ever get such a bill back at some establishment and then post it back here.

i just did one. everybody else try it!

doody.

PS: there's a neat site whose name escapes me (where's george?) where people geographically track the movement of bills - this is sorta like that.

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Yeah i could just see going to the back and telling the teller "I would like change for this $20.00 bill. And can you make it all $1.00's with 'FerrariChat' written on the left margin of the bill?" :D

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Maybe my reply will work now. LOL

I'll do both. Whomever has the pass dollar PM me for my address.

I'll write Ferrarichat-Ike on a dollar.

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    alright, i'm writing that fchat username thing on every bill i get now, even though its technically illegal

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    so if we do this enough, eventually the Treasury Agents will probably come and arrest rob and shut the site down :)

doody.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Back in my younger days as a graphic designer, i was paid in cash... Every payday, i'd go back to the office with all of these bills and put my initials on every single one... i did that for a long time everytime i came across money; in some cases, i did it on friends' bills... Every so often, i'd come across a bill i had signed... After i stopped, i came across a bill i'd sign almost a year later...! Very cool since bills don't stay in circulation very long...

Someone mail me a hundred; i'll sign it and uh... i'll mail it to someone... :)

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    OK, here's what we do. Since Chicago is fairly central in its location, everyone send a dollar with their username on it to me, and we'll see just how long it takes for them to reach various parts of the country. Just like little messages in a bottle.

9. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I've got a better idea. Everyone here send me a $100 bill with your name on it and we'll see how long it takes to get distributed back from my bank. :)

10. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I thought about doing something kind of like this.

Do you know that movie with the Ferrari wailing through Paris? I can't remember the name of it, but it seems nobody wants to pay $70 to buy it.

I thought I'd buy it, watch it and have a list of F-chatters that also want to see it. I'd mail it to the first on the list, who would watch (and record it if he wanted), put it back in the mailer with $5 and mail it to the next guy. After 3 or 4 months I get it back back with 10 or so $5 bills from a bunch of honest men.

Anybody want to see it?

11. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Rendezvous

12. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    I ordered my copy the other day for $29 from chasecam.com. I have the low-res internet version and hope that this will not dissapoint. How do you like the DVD?

13. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

chasecam.com was selling and showing it at the LA autoshow on a rather nice bigscreen. I rather liked it on the DVD. But then I haven't seen it any other way. However people have expressed concerns that the car sounds may be dubbed and the footage may be speeded up. But that applies to ALL copies of Rendezvous and not just chasecam's.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Hey Bruce, send me Peters dollar. I'll sign it and pass it on.

15. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    BRUCE.....Did you get the buck?

16. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    If anyone ever wants to send me money, feel free. :)

17. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    count me in! pm for address when applicable.

18. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    count me in.

btw, how is bruce going to sign it IN ALL CAPS?

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    with that dollar we can buy back that last little shred of dignity.

20. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    I don't have a dollar :(

We don't even use £1 notes anymore :(

21. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

No it is not.

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well actually, Title 18, section 333 of the US Code states:

"Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined not more than $100 or imprisoned not more than six months, or both. "

I guess the definition here is whether you have "intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued." So, just scribbling your name on the corner of the bill could be argued that it is not going to make the dollar unuseable, but covering the dollar with signatures that obscure its appearance could be.

The Secret Service is in charge of enforcement. You'd like to think they have better stuff to do, but, you never know wher an agent will show up at your door and tell you "You're busted for multiple violations of title 18, section 333. We traced your identity through FerrariChat.com"

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    YES PETER I DID, SIGNED AND WENT TO HUTCH, AND THEN HE SENT TO DAVE MONK

BRUCE

24. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    How do I get on the list to sign this famous buck

25. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    im seriously broke. not even kidding. thank god im living with my parents and i dont have to move out until after college which isnt for another 6 yrs.........phew........but when i get a dollar i will do the fcat username thing and see what happens.