Looking to Purchase 1967 330P4 Spyder | FerrariChat

Looking to Purchase 1967 330P4 Spyder

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by kikulolo, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kikulolo

kikulolo Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    If anyone out there can tell me how to locate this car for purchase, would greatly appreciate it. Know just a handful were made. Any leads in terms of website, etc. would be great! Thanks! Serious buyer.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hope you got around 10million to spend on a car. If you do congrats but trying to pry one away from an owner is going to be very difficult, they don't sell to just anyone.

Also these cars don't get advertised like a normal car. They are sold through word of mouth and through other conntacts within the Ferrari market. I really cannot offer you any conntact info for one that is for sale, and I wouldn't even know were to start looking. You sort of have to be in the inner circle in Ferrari world.

I think you best bet is to find a good reproduction like the Norwood P4's or somthing along those lines. Even still they will fetch many hundreds of thousands of dollars and again most guys that have them won't part with them.

Good luck in your search I hope you find ehat your looking for.

Question...What other Ferrari's do you have? If inclined please post some pic's!! I'm sure a person with your taste in cars would have some fine autos in your collection!!

3. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Is it April 1 already?

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Seeing as how this is a serious inquiry, I'll give you a special F-Chat discount. 5 Million Dollars, US, unmarked bills, big, small, doesn't matter. I'll be wearing a red carnation - but first you'll need to go to Union Station and wait for a phone call. You'll receive instructions on where to go from there. No cops.

5. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    maybe you could buy a replica 084... ;-)

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Give Pierre Bardinon a call..He has one.. Last time i checked it wasnt for sale but if you come with the right $$ ..who knows..

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Andrew: it is too late. Pierre and I are in discussions now. You know...that trip and all... I figured it was wise to have something worthy to toss around.

Where are you these days? What is your schedule...send me an email.

--Dan

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Dan, great choice! With the perfect weather..the P4 Spider will be great..Dont go to Monaco though..might be too noisy :)..take your California..more appropriate :)

I'll send u a mail later today !!

9. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    maybe this guy is horsefly in disguise :)

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    See: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16456
    Asking price is $250K, and I have the owners contact details.

11. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Not sure why I am even responding to this but hear goes.

Owner's are Walter Medlin, Lawrence Stroll and Pierre Bardinon.

I speak to each of them frequently and have done repeated business with all of them.

Money is not the point.

One has none and could care less about selling the car.

The other two have more than most and a little less than your average billionaire.

Both are happy with thier cars and certainly do not need to raise the dollars these cars would generate if they were sold.

How about a 330 P3/4 or 412P ? Two such examples can be had, both are around the $5.5M mark.

If your serious about such a car, I suggest other methods than this site.

Regards,

Bill Noon

12. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Bill,

Why would you suggest other methods than this site?

With just a single post that took no more than a minute he has already found out exactly who the owners of all the existing cars are and been informed that none of these cars is likely to be for sale. He has also learned that a replica may be a viable alternative and that a P3/4 or 412P could potentially be sourced and a relative price and he has come into contact with you.... someone would could possible hold his hand through an actual transaction for one of these cars.

I would say thats making pretty amazing progress considering the amount of effort required on his part!

Terry

13. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Have to agree with Terry; the amount of information available here (some accurate - some opinion) is probably greater than any other single resource on this subject.

I'm head shakin' amazed just about every week!

Keeps ones' (somes'?) ego in perspective.

14. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    That post wasn't from me. Why would I pay $10 million for an original when I can make my own? Bauxite, Arkansas is the source for much of the bauxite ore that is used to make aluminum. Has been for over 50 years. Therefore, I conclude that all the aluminum used to construct the original P4s has the same provenance that can be traced to a giant mining pit right here in Arkansas. Much of the industrial aluminum was originally manufactured by Alcoa and Reynolds which had plants right here in central Arkansas. Using metal Coca Cola cans with a little strengthening alloy, I can mold my own aluminum into a genuine original P4 for pennies on the dollar. Mother Earth herself will be my provenance to authenticity!

15. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    that's not mother earth that is a replica of mother earth because it is not the same as when it was made..... :) :) :) :)

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Amazing......

How does Walter Medlin AVOID the people trying buy his cars?????

I'll bet he has to wear a slouchy hat all the time, like Ashley Judd!

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Bill Noon,

You say you have done repeated deals with Mr. Medlin????

What has he sold from the collection, since written in R&T?

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    ha

19. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    For Speedy308,

The last three cars I got from Walter were a 206SP Dino, A 330 P3/4 and a GTO.

I think I also got a Cal Spyder and something else but cant remember for the moment. I will look in my data base and see what the others were.

By odd luck, I will have the GTO back again early next month (no it is not for sale) to take to the races in Monterey.

Anyway, this site is great for exchanging information, I still think anyone looking to spend $5+M for anything should be a little more cautious with whom he shares such information. We take for granted our fredoms and protections in the States. Such information in most parts of the world would invite some very unwelcomed attention from the wrong people.

Cheers,

Bill Noon

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks!

I had heard he had liquidated a few for cash flow...some years ago.

I look both ways when I leave for work in the mornings, but the ex has a vested interest in my continued employment! lol!

hard to say if these first time posts are legitimate or not.

21. kikulolo

kikulolo Rookie

Jun 15, 2004
    Thanks to all who replied. Much appreciated! Been in contact with Bob Norwood a couple of times just recently because wanted to purchase a new one, but nothing's available (new) for a long while. One that's in production now has already been sold. If someone has a Norwood 330P4 Spyder in their collection they're willing or considering parting with, please let me know.

22. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I was reading a Hemmings Motor News from a few years ago. They had a Norwood P4 listed in there for something like $175,000. Wonder where that car ended up?