Ferrari Computer | FerrariChat

Ferrari Computer

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Jun 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Firstly I must thank everybody for their support and the donations that have been made to CWAC, the Children with AIDS Charity.

The Laptop prize was won by ticket number 140, the owner of which asked for the computer to be auctioned at the dinner at the end of the Supercar Run next week.

I have spoken to the organiser of the Supercar Run, who has decided this year not to hold any auction as doing so has not raised much money in the past, perhaps since all of the people attending have already raised large amounts of money for the charity. Instead he suggested I simply give the computer to CWAC for them to use or sell.

The intention of the winner was to try to help maximise the charitable value of the computer and to simply now give it the charity doesn’t seem to him to be the best way to do this. In conversations I’ve had with people other suggestions have been made, including running my own auction or running one via eBay and so on. While I am still exploring some ideas I would love to hear any suggestions you might have.

I will be away next week on the Supercar Run, and you can follow our progress, including seeing where we are and the route we’ve taken in near real time, at www.car48.com where we would love to get your continued support.

2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Robin,

I'll start the bidding at £500......

3. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

750 squid I see yr 500 Stiggy

4. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Im going to the start on sunday so i may see you there Robin???

5. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Are we allowed to know the name of the ticket holder 140 ??

Ray360m

6. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    One thousand offered here Robin.

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Robin good luck with the lap top and the good cause the £ are going to,its not my number but would have put it back in,
    Robin that super car run looks fab m8 please post some pic's up of the event when you get back,and be safe make that CS scream and above all enjoy it,
    nice to see you taking her out for a good safe blast,

cheers
    Dale.

8. 512Girl

512Girl Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    Salisbury, Wiltshire
    Full Name:
    Rachel *~*~*
    I must have missed out on this :eek:(

Can you please tell me, when the ticket was drawn, by whom, how much was finally raised, and if possible 'who' actually won!

Also, have you an address to which anyone who didn't manage to buy a ticket could send a donation to this worthwhile charity?

Regards

512Girl

9. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The winning ticket was drawn on 1st June, ticket number 140, a gentleman from London. If you would like to send further donations cheques can be made to CWAC and sent to me - I'll pm my address or to my name (so they know the source of funds) at the Supercar Run office www.supercarrun.com. The laptop draw raised £2530 in total.

For pictures every day (once the event has started this Sunday) all you need to do is visit www,car48.com which will also show in near real time just where we are, how fast we are travelling, route taken, average speed and so on.

The full list of cars taking part is now on the web site as are some example clues you might like to try to solve.

If you'd like to see all of the cars and say hello we'll be in Hyde Park at the Albert Memorial from about 7am, leaving at 9am

10. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Ok 1500.00 :)

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    forgot to tell you robin, saw yer folks at the motor show (week or so ago), spoke to you mum, had a laugh when she said yer dad was a little bit nervous about his upcoming passenger ride on supercar run.