Look out for Stolen Enzo Key!! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Look out for Stolen Enzo Key!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JRocks, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matterhorn762

matterhorn762 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    In the off chance that you do get the key, I would demand to know the VIN # of the Enzo it came from and who the owner is in order to verify that it is indeed from an Enzo and not from a different Ferrari. How can you trust anything this scammer ever tells you?

If I were you, I would just want my money back. But if you do decide to keep a key (if he sent you one), get the Enzo VIN. I bet it's not from an Enzo.

2. rkm

rkm Karting

Apr 13, 2004
    Spring Hill
    Full Name:
    Robert Monroe
    I don't really have an advice that hasn't already been said here, but just wanted to say good luck and I hope it works out in the end for you. Definately waiting to hear the outcome though!!

3. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    So.... is there an update....?

4. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE......Conclusion

Well everyone, here is the official update and conclusion to this story.

This morning I received, via UPS overnight, the actual Enzo Ferrari Key. It was in good condition and from what I can tell the same one that was shown in the picture in the original auction (there is the number 2 stamped on the key as seen in the picture, so unless both keys had the same number 2 stamped on it, it is the same one in the pic). Now a couple of things to close this saga:

The road to this point was long, crazy and full of interesting discoveries speculation and drama. I want to start by thanking the F-Chat Community for all of the support and concern for a fellow F-Chatter. This board has saved a lot of people (especially me!) a lot of time, money and heartache. You guys are the best!!!

Now regarding the seller. We can speculate about a lot of descrepancies, coincidences, identities, past auctions, etc. (Found by all of the F-Chat detective work) BUT in the end it is just speculation. Was the original key stolen by someone, then the box resealed prior to delivery? Was the box sent without a key and the entire thing a scam? Was this a scam that was caught and flushed out and forced to be made good by the strength of the F-Chat community? Only one person knows for sure.

If this entire mess was the unfortunate result of a "well thought out" thief, then let me be the first to apologize to the seller; from me and for my F-Chat brothers and sisters. This board and the people that utilize it are a kind of family, joined by a passion for all things Ferrari. They are people from all over the world that just placed their support behind a fellow F-Chatter.

We will never really know if this was an actual scam. From the passionate denials from the seller and his ulitimate effort to make good, I ultimately don't think it was.

I know everybody will have their own opinion but lets remember this. If we pressured him into making good on the deal, F-Chat has another victory against the bad guys. If it was an unfortuate theft and misunderstanding: I've apologized, I have my Enzo memorabilia, the seller will be reimbursed by UPS and he has my original $500.00 - all parties made whole, so in the end a win - win.

The seller has asked that after I received the key, I have this thread removed. I have contacted Rob and am going to comply with his request as a gesture of fairness and goodwill based on the fact I did ultimately end up with my Enzo key.

So there it is, the conclusion to a long,long ebay/Ferrari/Enzo Key (or)deal!

Thanks again to everyone!

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Well, are you going to leave ++++ feedback?

6. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California
    No comment

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    J,

Please don't remove this thread. I think it has been fair and shows the honest conclusion. It is only with this record that someone else maybe able to learn something if this happens again. Don't erase this history.

He made good on this promise and your post shows it. I don't know why he would want it erased unless he plans on problems in the future.

I once took an employee to court who had taken checks and mail. The judge removed it from his record because of his first (maybe) violation. Now if another employee hires this guy he will not know who he is dealing with. FYI - A few months later I saw him working at the local post office. How's that for justice?

8. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Yay!
    I think the Ferrari Fraud Busters won one today. I was so interested in this story that I'm checking right now with my bag sitting by the door on my way out to the USGP, but I had to know what happened!
    And I agree about not deleting the thread. It shows the guy came through in the end and is more documentation people can refer to on ebay scams. Or whatever it was. ;)

9. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Man, I hate to say this since you are a fellow F-Chatter, but you are a total fool. You have got to be the most naive person I've met in a very long time. I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but I'm trying to wake you up.

First of all, I've identified multiple places where the seller/scammer is identified to have lied to the Ferrari community. DOCUMENTED.

Second of all, you just said he sent you the same key as the ones in his original auction picture!! I don't know why your naivity annoys me so greatly.

You also said he's getting some money from UPS. So he's got your money, and he's getting paid double by UPS. Looks like the scammer has got his scam and the fool has been fooled. All the world is right again despite all our efforts to help.

10. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Don't remove this thread. It does lots of good in different ways.

It was a scam from the start. He couldn't have had the exact key in the photo if it was stolen, and he would have realized immediately he never mailed it since he knew where it was to eventually send it.

I hope word is getting around to NEVER scam a Ferrari related item as there is this watchdog group ready to defend one of their brethern.

Ken

11. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    If you don't give this guy a negative rating and report him to eBay then you are doing a diservice to every other Ferrari buyer who this guy will try to scam in the future. You owe something to the community and by giving him anything but a negative feedback and reporting him then you are stabbing us all in the back.

12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I agree that this thread shld stay... for many reasons it provides community awareness. JunR owes the seller nothing, and quite frankly, the positive outcome shld do him no harm. As always though - proceed with extra caution.

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE ROB.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    he has doubled up if he is taking UPS money. that's a fact.

he had two keys to start with. how many does he have left?

we'll watch e bay and see...........

plus there was his little cute post here on this site to start with....

he's a player all right.

don't think i'll be dealing with canada anytime soon...
    I just cleaned up a deal where customs across the border was handled in a pretty confusing manner. Used my company's name in lieu of mine due to shipping address, took awhile to get sorted out and increased the quoted cost of the goods.

I buy millions $$$ as FOB jobsite, and have little patience for all these "gotchas".

Come to think of it I had a large shipment of preprogrammmed equipment that arrived "erased" by the border crossing! must be a BIG magnetic field...

14. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    ROB PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE!!

JunR already indicated the kid followed through and sent another key, BUT that doesn't mean it wasn't a scam from the beginning. This thread will prove invaluable to others along the way. Trust us.

15. MarkoP

MarkoP Karting

Jun 15, 2004
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marko Pesakovic
    I just looked at an Enzo key and it has a 2 on it. I don't think they are numbered 1,2. I'd have to take a look at the other one.

16. JRocks

JRocks Karting

Sep 17, 2003
    California

Wow, you really surprised me with this post.

I received the key that I bid on on ebay. The assumption that the key is the same one that is in the picture is just that, an assumption, I don't know if all Enzo Keys have this "2" stamped on them or not. His reimbursement is coming from UPS if he follows throught with a claim. if he is a scammer and has done this before UPS will not give him any money.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not sticking up for this guy. In the end, if it was because of F-Chat or because the guy gave up his other key, I ultimately got what I had originally wanted and if this guy is suspect, he has been brought out into the open. How am I the fool?

17. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    My guess is that he only had that one key, key #2. It says #2 in the eBay picture and after he mailed the first package, he just sent key #2 again and that's what was received. Amazing he sent the same key twice! Also, the eBay picture was taken over a year ago... so there is much more to this story. He probably "sold" it on eBay before.

But seriously, I would have my doubts as to whether or not this is an Enzo key at all.

Let's have him produce the Enzo's VIN and history. Oh wait, he can't and won't, right? I seriously doubt this is an Enzo key.

Is he banned from Ferrari Chat yet (ROBM3) for lying on here as well?

He's lucky he scammed somebody who is willing to let this go. If it was me, he would regret it for the rest of his life!

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Right now I don't plan on removing. This is publicly posted info and should remain so. Add this person to the dozens that have been caught by the FerrariChat.com police. This person should be lucky they're not sharing time with Chris Sawyer.

19. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    No need to bash J, he got what he wanted in the end... but Matterhorn does have a point and Im surprised it hasn't been in more focus... WHERE'S PROOF THAT HIS UNCLE HAS AN ENZO?

RocketBoy

PS: Will RobM3 next put a Ferrari Screwdriver with mysterious scratches on Ebay? Or pictures of his "uncle's" Enzo that for some reason have palm trees in the background despite being in Toronto?

20. matterhorn762

Apr 19, 2004
    Tennessee
    Con-artist make a living by sounding convincing, sympathetic, and helpful... not by sounding like an evil criminal. That is the mistake everybody makes when they get ripped off. "He sounded so nice and sincere..."

IF it wasn't for this guy lying to us in multiple documented cases, then I would think there was a CHANCE that his case was legit. A very very slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. Given his track record though (as I've identified in previous posts on here), he has no benefit of the doubt. His original UPS story is BS... and as I've explained in previous posts on here, his screwdriver Enzo theft story is obviously BS.

All this sums up to a kid who is an unbelievable scammer. I understand you are satisifed getting your key and forgetting about the matter. But in my opinion, you owe it to other Ferrari enthusiasts to do your parts to make sure this doesn't happen again. But if you don't... I'm certainly not going to make a federal case out of your decision. That's not a big deal. But this scammer... he deserves no sympathy.

21. mja360f1

mja360f1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Chicago suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike Ancona
    I agree totally, this thread will only help all of us in the future.

22. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    OMG this thread reads like a good detectives novell :D ... was great fun reading it now and also read the 'good end' :) glad that you have the key (but how can you be sure it's an Enzo's key?? I just wondered) :confused:

ciao,
    Waldo
    ForzaRossa.com

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    where's SkizoAce when you need him????

Skizo, see if Dahr J. will show or sell you his "old" keys! That fit the smouldering hulk!

24. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    J,

I don't think your a fool & congrats

Rob,

Thanks for keeping the thread.....

Good news all around

25. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    do not remove this thread it shows the seller was such a good ebayer he resolved the problem at his own expense?????????????? and he is a credit to ebay and loads of other people will see that he resolved a problem at his own expense and give others the confidence to buy from him[ but i wouldnt the scaming little theif] my opinion anyway