New "dealer" in Las Vegas | FerrariChat

New "dealer" in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by bobleb, May 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
  2. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yes! This is getting me way to excited! They said they would let people come in at no charge, sit in, and check out cars like the Carrera GT and Enzo! This doesn't seem right....to good to be true, i mean what Exotic dealer do you know of lets non-buyers come in and fully check out Million dollar automobiles? As much as i like it....that seems like a bad idea. Thanks for the heads up though Mr. Lebenson.

3. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    This is the infamous ECW-Exotic Cars Wholesale aka Exotics 4 Less..

They also have a location in Florida..

Buyer beware, lots of stories about them floating around..

4. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Yes, that's why I posted a thread (in the Florida section) asking about them.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19959

FWIW, only one member of our Ferrari Club has had an actual experience with them, and he was 100% satisfied with all aspects of the deal (within the last 2 weeks).

5. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    What happened to that “Caleberty auto” off I-15. They didn’t stick around long? Didn’t they employ strippers to sell their cars?

PD

6. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    Personally, I thought Celebrity Cars was a joke. Why would anyone pay a $25K premium for a car just because Drew Barrymore once owned it? Besides, probably 90% of the cars they had were just used MB's or BMW's.

I never saw any strippers in their shop. They may have used them (or the equivilant) at the auctions they ran.

7. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Why did they close?

PD

8. bobleb

bobleb Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Bob Lebenson
    All I can guess is that most other people felt like I did. I drove by there one day, and they were gone. No explanation.

9. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I actually met one of the mechanics for the Celebrity Cars dealership. It was last summer in Mesquite at a golf tournament. I noticed he was unloading a 355 Spider from a trailer all by himself so i thought i would see if i could help. Real nice guy. He told me the story about the car, then i asked if he had bought it from Newport Autosport because it had a license plate (frame) from there. he replied no, it came from Celebrity Cars in Las Vegas. As we started chatting about the dealership i asked why it seems they closed their doors. He told me that there was alot of corruption and under-the-table dealing if you will. Basically they had alot of crooked people running the business, which lead to its closing....

10. atheyg

atheyg Guest

I went there when they first opened only saw one sales guy, he was a flashy type with big diamond pinky rings and jewelry, seemed knowledgeable and friendly,he commented about seeing my 328 buzzing by their place on Industrial ave several times, I thought they were owned by the same people as the "Toy Store" in Fla.

They had quite a few Ferraris their a 246GT Red, a Daytona, 575 Barchetta with "La Reve" license plate, 355s, an 89 Countach, and a Met Orange Diablo.

They also put on a few Celebrity Car auctions at the Palms with many Ferraris, and Lotus, Lambos and others.

11. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Probably going to end up like some of the auto shows where every car you get into has the gear shift know missing. good thing the Enzo has padlle shifters.

12. ferrariman2004

Apr 21, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    are they going to still have a dealership at Wynns new place

13. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I had heard about this a long time ago but I still LOVE the idea. Pure genius!

14. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Rumor is, it's going to be a Pensky operation

15. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'm pretty sure that one is just a rumor.

16. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    It's no rumor. This has been confirmed by Pensky himself. Pensky will now have 5 dealerships.

17. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    thats great...