dealer reputation | FerrariChat

dealer reputation

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by yimn, Jun 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    I am buying a F50 from a unathorized dealer called Lightauto 1 co. Ltd in Nagoya Japan. Has anyone on the board dealt with them before??? If yes, please comment.

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Can you post the VIN please? :) No I haven't done business with them.
    Erik

3. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Check the Vin# and make sure it's not the one that drove off and disappeared from Algar a while back! I know Japan is a choice destination for "HOT" cars if you know what I mean!

PD

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    What do you mean?? I never heard Japan as a destination for stolen cars! Where did you get this information?

I know some collectors in the USA who bought F40/F50 from Yakuza who repossessed these cars from the current owners.

Checked LightAuto in Nagoya, but nothing has came up. How did you find them? Like other said, check VIN# before you do anything.

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'd say those missing F cars my be in Russia or South America, but not Japan.

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    yimn,
    Still cannot find anything on LightAuto 1 (nor RightAuto 1). Checked w/ some Ferrari owners in Japan along w/ their chat board, but no one has responded yet.

How's your search going for F50?

7. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Check the VIN no. and check it with interpol as well. I remember the head of Interpol Dubai showing me pictures of three TR's with the same number plate running round Dubai in 1999. (they are still running round there due to who own's these cars).

Japan has a great history of cars being stolen to order and shipped to Dubai then on to Africa etc. The scam is wide spread, cars stolen then reported to the insurance company 6 months later, in the mean time they have been shipped and sold on again. (Jerremy Clarkson did a TV show on this). The desert holding area had about 1500 Land cruisers (mainly right hand drive)there last year when I visited looking for 8 cars to export to NZ. But there were only 5 cars with the right documentation. The Indians running the area quite openly admitted most of the cars were stolen from Japan.

So be careful as these guys are very proffesional and could easily create the right docs for an F car. And if so then it would not even have to leave Japan.

8. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    thks veryone for your comments. Their web site is www.lightauto1.co.jp. I am also quite concerned about the stuff you guys mentioned. Though I am getting comfort fromthe fact that the dealer has all the accesssories, including the photo album that comes with the car from the factory. I have also checked the VIN with Ferrari and as far as they know, the title is clean. Anyhow, should there be any Fchatters in Japan, I will be going to the dealer on Saturday in Nagoya to do a thorough inspection of the car with my Mechanic, please come and help me with the insepction.

thanks

9. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    yimn,
    I just got e-mail from my friend who's well-known in Japanese F-society since he runs the F-site named Benibuta. (some of pics been posted here, too!)

I PMed details.