Challenge Stradale Lapping Video | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale Lapping Video

Discussion in '360/430' started by raygr, Jun 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Here is a video of about 2 laps at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Wash a couple days ago. The video was shot by a friend in the passenger seat of my CS. Click on the link and do "Save As..." then open it in your favorite player.

The sound alone is worth the download :)

http://www.sourcedyn.com/cars/Video/CS_Lapping_2004.mpg

Enjoy,
    -Ray

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Very cool, would have been nice if you blew by the "ricer" dudes ;)

3. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    There are only a few controlled passing zones, and I may have passed them on a later lap.

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
  5. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That camera mount is a good idea. I am going to look into it.

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    nice; very nice Ray - it makes me go back so badly - can't wait until 22nd

looks like you are not in 6th in 1? - nice & early back on power in 2

you are taking 3a/3b in 2nd as far as I can hear - I have to look into that

funny that there is some tire noise when you donwshift for 5a - the F1 should not do this?

love it!

7. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Thomas, I'm curious how the lap experience compared to yours? Any other gear or line differences?

I was in 5th at T1. I was holding back a little in T9 due to sheer fear of those armcos :eek:.

I was indeed in 2nd in 3a/b. I always got tire squeal while braking hard into 3a, and when turning in sharply at the end of 3a, and braking and turning in at 5a. I think the noise at 5a is just braking over the humps in the track, not gear changing. Similar tire noise happens when I lap in my 996TT at those points.

The video is not the greatest lap, but it's fun! I'm looking forward to the 22nd!

Oh, BTW, the next day my left front tire was FLAT. It has a leak (puncture?) on the side wall on the inside of the tire. So, I'm getting 2 new front tires again... It's hard to believe the tracking did that. Something either got kicked up, or there is a defect in the tire.

-Ray

8. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    You boys have fun on the 22nd, I'll think of you when I am having sushi in Tokyo...

9. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    We are amazingly close in lines

– differences I see are that you turn in much earlier into 1; I wait until very late to make it as straight as possible

– you are in 2nd in 3a/3b and you accelerate much harder after 3a apex; I usually don’t bother that much and only try to get the exit of 3b right – I have to try what you are doing and see what it does to the exit speed / straight

– 5a you follow the road at the right side of the track in the braking zone; I try to stay to the left to make the braking zone up to the turn-in-point straight (and avoid the bumps) – that is difficult since you are heading for a minimum of runoff space – if I feel I am too fast I take the same space in tow strides – brake / straight – little braking / small correction – brake / straight – turn into 5a

There are other minor differences but down to the point of maintenance throttle in 7 we are almost identical – I used to take 7 full throttle! :); the bump would push me up; I hardly would make the braking zone; and 8 would be a mess :-(

I saw your car at FoS - I did get my second set of CS wheels/tires - this will make track madness much easier - did you bring pressure back-up for your way home - you are running 25-24psi cold if you don't do it - might cause side wall puntcures

10. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    why don't you come to the Lapping Day 7/6 - you find the details at http://www.proformanceraceschool.com/ - I assume you have to take a 1/2 day instructure if you go; ask for Carlo - I haven't signed up yet but I am sure that I will go :)

11. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

By any chance if you know this Stradale has OEM exhuast or Tubi Stradale exhaust?

Sounds great!

12. raygr

raygr Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Ray
    It is just the OEM Stradale exhaust. -Ray

13. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles