355 Tubi fitted! | FerrariChat

355 Tubi fitted!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Jun 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I had my 355 Tubi silencer fitted yesterday morning...

What a sound! As people say, there is a resonant boom from 1k-3k rpm, but this is a more exciting sound that a 355 normally makes in this range. Not unpleasant by any stretch, just very different. The sound above 3k is just stunning, and accompanied by the most wonderful crackles on a trailing throttle. Also, at 70-80mph, the car cruises quietly as before, and when cold, the sound is not resonant at all at tickover, in fact it is like standard so I can get the car out without winding the neighbours up...

This is what the 355 was meant to sound like before pointy-bearded fools from Brussels got involved with their Db meters... I'd heartily recommend a Tubi to anyone who's considering having one fitted.

I will post before and after video clips at some point, when I've found someone with a website who can host them for me?

Thanks Manu and the guys at Verdis for sorting me out and being so accomodating.

Robert.

2. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have space provided by the university that can be used for such purposes... ;)

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Robert,
    welcome to the Tubi club ;-)

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    TommyW, can I PM you for your email to send you the attachments at some point?

Is there any way of reducing the size of such video files?

Tony,

We ought to have a Tubi-oriented meet & drive-out at some point, route chosen for the frequency of tunnels, high walls etc!

Robert.

5. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yeah drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. You *can* re-encode the video files, but that can get tricky.

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Defo, Robert.
    Have a listen to Bernard's system Vs Tubi ..... i think his edges Tubi..... taken today by Ric355 @ Boxhill.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ric...eo/exhausts.mpg

7. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
  8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Tony,

Wish you'd said this before I'd had the Tubi put on- I'm not going to listen to that link as it will only depress me! Still, I'm within my 2 wk trial period...

Always happens to me... I am waiting for Scuderia Systems to come out with a "50% off 355 Tubis" offer...

Robert.

10. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Don't worry Robert, I was stood behind it and it made my ears bleed !! You can live without that I'm sure... Oh yeah - you wouldn't like the price either. It's a fair bit more than a Tubi sport pack.

11. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cheers Richard for putting my mind at rest on sensory and fiscal levels!

I must say that for the money I can think of nothing that could add more to the 355 experience than a Tubi. In fact, I want to go for a drive in it now which sucks as I'm 160 miles from my 355. Pah.

Robert.

12. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Gents,

I had my first experience of 'non standard' Ferrari exhausts at the start of the Super Car Run in Hyde Park yesterday morning. Wow! I've only had my 355 a couple of months and was really happy with the sound. Now, however....................... Still, with the repayment loan on the 355, I think I'll have to wait until the standard pipes fall off before heading to my local tubi supplier......

Still think the Koenigsegg has one of the nicest sounds, especially at idle (do like a Supercharger whine!). Good to finally see / hear one in the flesh yesterday!

Cheers,

Dem.

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I haven't heard Bernard's yet, just the sound clip so i could be wrong. Whatever, you won't be disappointed with the Tubi, tho' IMO you shd've taken cats off too ;-)

14. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    I have heard Bernard's and am fortunate to have a de-catted Tubi system myself. Two very different sound's and you really need to hear them both. I don't think that I would change my Tubi for the other one , the Tubi has a wonderful sound and is fully backed up with local support. Although the system on Bernards car has a truly great sound which is a bit like a Stradale sound I don't like ( sorry Bernard ) the exit pipes. The chrome/fluted and pointy up look is not really for me.

James

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    i liked look of those, James !

16. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Down to personal preference , I personally prefer the Tubi look.

Sorry M8

17. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Fear not, I intend to replace the cats with test-pipes or sports cats as and when the OEMs expire.

I was concerned that too much volume initially might lead to a 7.30pm curfew from the wife for fear of upsetting our genteel neighbours with little kiddies!

Robert.