How many owners in the USA? | FerrariChat

How many owners in the USA?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by judge4re, Jun 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Has any figured out approximately how many Ferrari owners there are in the USA? I keep hearing numbers of between 22-25k cars, but I know that there are several people (like me), who own more than one. I'm not interested in former owners, just current figures. Anyone?

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Erik, the consensus when I asked this question was 20-25, but nobody had any real support for this. Because cars are registered to each state, trolling the state registeration lists would take a long time. Any volunteers? You'd have to be someone who doesn't have a life and spends all night in front of a computer. Huh, sounds like this might fit the description of a lot of folks on FC. :)

DrTax

3. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    in Forza mag this month it states 20k

4. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Erik, it's not much of a help, but there are AT LEAST 20,000 post-1980 US versions Ferraris which are or have been registered in the US. Add 5% to that (as I'm sure my info is not 100% complete), add the pre-1980 cars (around 7,000), add imported European versions (1,000 or so???) and you will get an idea of the number of Ferraris that are or have been in the US (so, that will get close to 30,000). You might want to deduct all the cars that were destroyed (no idea how many) or which were exported (lots of US 308s went to Europe). Then you have to transform that number of cars to the number of owners!

I hope this helps at least a little bit ;)

5. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    You can also figure that if you factor several states that have the most registry (Florida, CA, TX, NY) you wouldn't have to search the other states much to figure out # registered.