Change in the Air.... | FerrariChat

Change in the Air....

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Malfark, Feb 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Hi Gents,

Have you taken a look at THIS THREAD?

Cheers, MARK

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @Mark,
    yep, watching this thread since the first day and I think Rob is on the right way - time for some changes?!?
    I hope the fchat community will not be seperated in 2 classes;(

We will watch & see whats going on there.

Sadly just & only 1% is responsible for all the trouble;(

But remember this 1% guys in the past!
    Have you ever heared about "The Hollister Desaster"????

It was a local jamboree/party in a smal village called HOLLISTER in the `40th.
    The motorcycle gang "Hells Angels" droped in and smashed the whole party. It was just a desaster and the party was finished.
    This Hells Angels were just & only 1% of the participants (I know the wrong word for this) but this 1% were responsible for all the **** what happened. Still and since today they wear very proud on their jackets the 1% Patch on it!!!

....the sadly 1% !

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That was the inspiration for the film, "The Wild One" with Lee Marvin. In actuality, the first Hell's Angels's Motorcyle Club wasn't formed until after the Hollister incident of '47 - they formed in or around 1948 in Berdoo, CA. The guys who formed it were all WW2 veterans out of Berdoo - who themselves were an offshoot of the *Pis sed Off Bas tards*, who started the Hells Angels branch in Fontana, CA. The original Angels were members of the U.S. Army's 11th Airborne Division, an elite group of paratroopers trained to rain death on the enemy from above, drifting in behind the lines of battle. Strapped to each leg was 20 pounds of TNT. Drifting from above on 'chutes, er, gossamer wings, they were not only going straight into Hell itself - War - but bringing it with death on 2 legs.

The Hell's Angels - with a solid, earned reputation - formed after the AMA denounced the *Pis sed Off Bas tards* for the Hollister Incident. These guys who'd come home from War were still prepared for battle, not a white picket fence with all the trappings. So, they showed up in Hollister very drunk and stayed that way - Just like Wolfgang, says, they gave the AMA a bad rep - even they were only 1% of the AMA. Yeah, Baby, The Hell's Angels still wear an insignia... 1% - with pride.

So much for Reputations, good and bad, now a true story...

When I was a kid, Hell's Angels showed up just a handful of miles from my hometown - we were there, but got out before things got ugly. Later, we went on our annual trip to Bass Lake, CA. They showed up there as well - raising Hell, naturally. Just as the Hunter Thompson Book about Hell's Angels (which I have or had [did I give it to a friend?] as a document of the event, though I can't be arsed to find it) says, Their Motorcycles could be heard from across the decent-sized Lake where the Local Cops and CA Highway Patrol kept them reasonably walled in... all in an effort to serve and protect folks who'd traded their white picket fences for tents or campers for a week(end.) It came with one disappointment for my young mind, though... Though Pop wouldn't let me use the binoculars, I did manage to use them once, while he was in the latrine (thought bubble).o0O "These guys are nuts! One riding through fire. Wow!" O0o. Didn't see any nekkid wimmen, though. Just 2 of the arguin', forgivin' and maybe forgettin' kind. But, I was busted later - though I put the binocs exactly where they belonged, I'd adjusted the focus to my liking. Doh!

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi wax,

thanks for all the history about the "81"!
    I have had the pleasure to meet "Sonny" (Ralph Barger) over 10 years ago in California and we talked about the old time of the H.A. and the growing European chapters here in Germany.....another story and not fchat related;)

Anyway, its to me still the best example about 1% people!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

5. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Wow! I thought there was supposed to be a new movie/film made about him courtesy of his book (adapted screenplay) - did he say what happened? Did it get put into Development Hell?

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    @wax,
    i have heared about the film (live-time-story) of "Sonny", but man its over 10 years ago I met him. He was very ill, lungs-cancer, larynx operation...a.s.o. hope he is still doing well and alive - don`t know?!?

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

7. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  8. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    hey, we have no moderator!

but we don't need one anyway ;)

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    :cool:cool:cool: and good to see he is still hard-core-alive:D
    Wow, he got his own beer brand - need one of those pins!
    Well, next time I will be in L.A. i will try to buy a few pins;-)

Thanks for the link.......loooong time ago saw him & the "81"`s

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

10. cavallino

cavallino Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I agree with Trevi for european guys it's not so easy to pay fees. Personnally I don't understand why he wants that we have to pay fees. For all he have to pay for his website there the sponsors no ?

For the moment, I don't really know if I want to pay to chat. My own forum will be not available before one year ... (Because it is a secret, but soon my big Ferrari Register will be operationnal ... ;))

Alain

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    You got it & you are the lucky winner TREVI!
    You are nominated for the European-Moderator job!!!!
    I will drop Rob a mail right now, that YOU are OUR MAN!

Thanks Trevi;)

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

12. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    STFU

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ..too late, already done:D

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Sorry MarkiBrother,

one more thread sadly hijacked:D
    Only cavallino, alain was so kind for a serious response....and got also lost:D sorry Alain!
    We are for sure all watching (and Trevi posting) the GD discussion!!!!
    We will wait & see:confused:

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

15. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    Pity about the 1%.....so we all get dragged down to the lowest common multiple! Cheers, MARK

16. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry