Northeast Exotic Car Show | FerrariChat

Northeast Exotic Car Show

Discussion in 'New England' started by enjoythemusic, May 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    car show at the Anheuser Busch Brewery in Merrimack, Nh.

The date is set for Saturday June 19th. Gates open at 9, show n shine 10-12, 12-1 judging, 1-2 awards. (NOTE: This is not concourse, just show up for fun)

All proceeds to NH Make A Wish Foundation.

This is an official Club Event for;

The Lamborghini Club of America
    The Viper Club of America
    The North Country Porsche Club
    The Jaguar Association of New England
    New England Pantera Club
    Factory Five Cobra Club
    Austin Healey New England
    MG Greater Boston

Expecting Members of The;

Lotus Lovers of New England
    MA Area Ferrari CluB

Thanks,

Jeff Jeff Torrey

[email protected]

2. 525iT_Feen

525iT_Feen Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Olek Migdalski
    Any idea how many cars there will be?
    Estimate?

3. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Hundrerds... not sure, e-mail the guy. i go to have fun and see other cars and meetup with friends. Could care less about any award.

4. 525iT_Feen

525iT_Feen Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Olek Migdalski
    oh, i dont care at all about awards, nor do I have a car that would be entered. I was asking because it's a bit of a drive, and was curious if it was worth driving up based on the amount of cars that would be there.

I asked because I thought you were the organizer for some reason.

Enjoy.

5. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    525iT_Feen,

Ahhh ok, please accept my most humble my apologies my friend. Look at all the clubs in attendance and this should give you a small idea as to if it is "worth it" for you to travel. The show is nearly in my back yard, per se, so if anyone needs a place to stay for an eve let me know. Mi casa es su casa.

6. 525iT_Feen

525iT_Feen Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Olek Migdalski
    No apologies needed. Just a simple misunderstanding. Thank you very much for inviting me into your home, but i don't think that would be neccasary, since i can make it up there with friends or family rather fast. I'm also 15 years old, so i don't think your invite would still apply.

Thanks again and hopefully i'll see you there,
    Olek

7. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    sounds like its deff worth the drive up. how much is it for spectators?

8. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Not sure, but cheap enough (?$10?) and the $$ goes to a good cayse.

9. Tigernsx

Tigernsx Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
  10. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Hey guys I am the organizer of the event. We are expecting 200 cars. The event is free. We request a $10.00 donation at the door for participants. Spectators can choose to donate to The Make A Wish Foundation of New Hampshire.

Nothing like this has ever been attempted in New England. If it goes according to our plan, the event will get National Coverage next year. We have talked with Barry Meguiar and he is very interested, they have donated $500.00 and want T-Shirts and photos forwarded to Car Crazy.

Our objective is to bring together the finest Exotic Cars and Car Enthusiast in the Northeast...and make a donation as a group to the Make A Wish Foundation.

Make A Wish grants wishes to children with various types of Cancer. If you take a minute to think about who you are and what this is about...hopefully you will make an extra effort and I will see you there.

The past couple of days I have been running around handing out the posters and flyers. Everyone is happy to help, many times without even reading the poster. Thanks to the internet, word has spread through the community and no intro is needed.

Its not about me, or Viper verses Ferrari. ITs about the Hobby, Family, Community and the Children.

I hope you understand.

Steve, thanks !

Jeff Torrey 1992 Carroll Shelby Dodge Viper #192 of 285 built

11. 525iT_Feen

525iT_Feen Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Olek Migdalski
    Jeff that's wonderful.
    One of my best friends sister made a wish to the foundation and was awarded a wonderful trip to the caribean for her and her family. I will try to go and take some photographs for you guys, and maybe you could put them to some good use.

Best of luck to you with the show and hopefully it will do even better next year.

12. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Looks like I killed this thread. No more questions?

13. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Hey, maybe I'll see you at Larz Anderson on sunday. I'll be there checking out the rides and passing out invitations. Viper will be in general parking lot.

Where's the smilies? I need smilies...

14. speedingpenguin

speedingpenguin Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    Well, i'm gonna go....just wish I had an exotic to show, LOL
    Think a 97 Cadillac Catera would qualify?
    haha
    I've just gotta make sure my friend Scott isnt behind the wheel that day, cause he is up in that area alot, and drives like a prick.
    I look forward to going and seeing some of my dream cars :-D

15. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    im comin up with a couple friends. none of us have exotic cars though. ill be there to take pics tho :)

16. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Updates

Registration 8-10am/10-12 show n' shine/12-1pm judging/1-2 awards and presentation to Make A Wish

From MA get on RTE 3 North in Lowell, MA (RTE 495)

Follow into NH - RTe 3 then becomes the Everett Turnpike. Follow to Exit 10
    and pay toll (75 cents). Follow to stop sign RIGHT, follow to stop light Left.

Brewery is on your Right. We will post signs.

I have 5 cars confirmed so far.

17. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    See you there my friend.

FYI: Added a new toy to the car yesterday for the show :)

18. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Steve- See you at the show. I'll be at the registration table with the red Whatsup Hat on.

19. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    After going to NH on Saturaday, drive down to Hartford on Sunday for the 4th Annual Hartford Concorso Ferrari. Mostest fee for registrants wishing to display their cars and free gawking for those who just want to have a look.

Proceeds go to the Connecticut Childrens Hospital and the Village for Families and Children. Specifics:

Date: June 20th, 2004: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.,
    Place: At the Capitol, Hartford, Connecticut (easy access from I84)
    Registration starts at 9:30 a.m.

This year we are featuring 2+2 Ferraris. Several significant cars will be on display..Multiple Enzos too.

20. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Steven,

Were you the gentleman with the DVD player in his car showing the Victory by Design Ferrari DVD and the blueprint of the engine in the rear of his car? The man in question called himself Steven to another fellow and I was unable to intorduce myself to you since it was a little busy around your car.

Would have liked to see more "italians" there but all in all a nice little showing!

Mike

21. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    it waas an awesome show. not a whole lot of italian cars but an awesome turnout. ill have my pics posted soon enough. after i take care of the ferrari concours as well :)

22. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Yes, it was a good show. Cars of many marques. Very entertaining. Although only 6 F-cars, we seemed to attract the most attention. One s/c'd Viper had a dyno graph just missing 700 at the wheels. But the best part of the day was when a certain Titanium colored Lamborghini drove away with the Best In Show trophy from a Viper sponsored event. The Viper folks were not amused :)

Best F-car was a non-fchat member garage queen 84 512BB that was spotlessly clean and it should be with 1300 miles on the odo. Christ, I did that in the first 2 months I had my car.

Kenny K.

23. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    The problem was:

a) The weather was questionable in the morning.
    b) The Ferrari Club is meeting up in Hartford, CT this weekend for the annual Concours Charity event.

I tried to work the date out with everyone involved, had talked to Joe before his schedule came out for the year...but comunication broke down and the rest is history. There were 8 Ferrari cars at the show, I was happy with that. Thanks go to Steve for supporting this event. I did not have a chance to meet and properly thank him yesterday, running around like a chicken with my leg cut off ;-)

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    It was a good event, just a bit long but I was glad to be able to help out the Make A Wish Foundation. My weekend was VERY enjoyable!

25. Jeff Torrey

Jeff Torrey Karting

May 18, 2004
    Nothing like a little unstable weather to keep the Italians in the Gay-rage. "...Not that there is anything wrong with that".

More acurate is the fact that there is the Concours in Hartford today.

Just bad timing.