Mondial T for Mallorca | FerrariChat

Mondial T for Mallorca

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sepp forcher, Jun 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sepp forcher

sepp forcher Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    This week my mother is going to purchase a flat in mallorca. i am really looking forward to it. Usually we live in Austria.

My father has to buy the car for mallorca and actually we agree that a mondial t cabrio would be a great choice. i mean my dad isn't able to afford a 355/360 furthermore it isn't possible to drive such a car here because there are a lot of jealous people.

who of you guys drives a mondial. i want to ask you how big the trunk is and what you can get into it (golfbag,...). how reliable is the mondial? are the running costs very high? how much fuel does it need? and how much place is in it for the passengers? do 4 people fit in or not?

please answer my questions

thanks, sepp forcher

2. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    "...who of you guys drives a mondial. i want to ask you how big the trunk is and what you can get into it (golfbag,...). how reliable is the mondial? are the running costs very high? how much fuel does it need? and how much place is in it for the passengers? do 4 people fit in or not?"

I have a Mondial t. I can try & shed some light on the questions.

Trunk: There are two. The rear space can hold a smallish golf bag, the front space can hold a bit more if the car does not have the optional spare tire.

Reliability: Good. Keep up the maintenance & they run well. However, maintenance is somewhat expensive. Watch for electrical issues, like poor quality switches (they fail).

Fuel: They drink gas when you drive quickly. Expect 19 MPH on the highway.

Passengers: Its tight in back. Slightly better than a Porsche 911 rear seat area, but not what I would call "roomy." I can support four passengers - but only in less than 1 hour trips. Kids fit great however.

Super car & great choice.

3. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I have a Mondial t Cab.

I am not tall (1,84 m), but when I want to have a comfortable driving position there is NO legroom left for the rear passenger.

The trunk is very small. There is not enough room for my guitarcase. However, when you use the car as a 2-seater you can fold down the rear seats to have a roomy and easy accessible (top down ...) luggage compartment.

The car needs 15 - 16 l / 100 km. On the country roads of Mallorca 12 l / 100 km might be sufficient.

It´s not a reliable car in the strict sense. Buy it only if you have a good mechanic on the island. But AFAIK all troubles related to the car are normally minor problems which can be fixed in short time.

From my perspective the car is a pretty cheap drive. Expect to pay approx 35 to 40 k Euros (price for the car PLUS major service, most of the cars I have seen where due for a major) and maybe 3 k Euros average per year to keep the car in healthy condition. I guess depreciation of the car plus maintenance will be around 5 k Euros per year.

And as a final remark: A Mondial Cab on Mallorca? GREAT! Lots of fun guaranteed!!

4. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Rear trunk will take 2 smaller golf bags (carry bags) or one cart bag. I pack them in all of the time... You can also fit too airline rolling bags in to give you a better idea of size. These are the bags that fit in overhead bins...anything larger would not fit in the trunk. Front boot is oddly shapped and can hold a soft bag and essentials for a road trip.

Mine has been fairly reliable, not Honda like but pretty good overall. I would guess it is on par with other cars that are 10+ years old at this point. I think driving it regularly has a lot ot do with reliability. Running costs seem to be in line with older Ferraris..

Mileage varies...I tend to get around 16 around town but can run as high as 20 for open road cruising and as low as 10 on the track.

- JMG