Lets start a petition to Ferrari to let RB race | FerrariChat

Lets start a petition to Ferrari to let RB race

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Jun 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Not sure how to go about this but if we can get a petition with a very serious number of signatures to Ferrari they might realise that we are pissed off and change their game.

While I appreciate MS is a better driver than RB, RB is never given a chance.

Thus any suggestions?
    Could we do this via the internet, or via email somehow?

Could we send emails to each other and then forward the email to Ferrari?

Or maybe everybody should email me giving me permission to add their name to the list and I will find out how to forward this list to the Marlboro Ferrari F1 team.

Surely we could get atleast over a 100,000 names if not over 1 million and then Ferrari would have to publicly acknowledge that their supporters do not like their tactics.

Any thoughts/ideas/has this already been tried?

Pete

2. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    MS simply outmaneuvered RB. It was a textbook Indystyle pass, set up on the corner. You can't stop it if the guy in the back knows how to slingshot. RB is not a bad driver, just didn't have enough room to avoid the pass and was smart enough to know he was outmaneuvered. : )

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay please think outside the square ;).

I am not just talking about this race, I am talking about in general. I want MS and RB to race and I want to see MS having to protect his car from RB.

Pete

4. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I believe if I were still a teenager I would say that this thread just got OWNED by Boxer12.

Such a petition, if it ever got to Ferrari would be filed for a year and the paper then recycled. The answer would be, "Dear fans, we already let him raceMichael". Not many people understand that Michael is a driver of his own class and Rubens has the toughest job of keeping pace with the best driver in formula 1 ever.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Bull-fncken-**** Imperial83, it is so bloody obvious that they do not.

Thus either RB is a bloody useless driver (which you guys have argued against me over and over again) or Ferrari are not letting RB race MS.

Even Senna was beaten somedays, even Prost, even Fangio, Jim Clark, Nuvolari, etc.

You cannot honestly believe RB is racing fair and square against MS, surely?

Have you ever raced yourself?. If you had you would know that the 'pretend' to attack moves that RB shows us are just that.

MS is a great driver but RB did not try and beat him at the USGP. As I have already stated all RB had to do was lift off (after the restart behind the safety car period) and MS would have had to lift more ... RB then would have kept the lead. I know this because I have restarted behind a safety car ... have you? There is lots of playing around to stuff the guy behind you ;)

Pete

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Pete, he says that he really is trying and really wants to win.

I posted his quotes in the US GP thread, but he actually said he was upset he didn't win, and continued, "I am now keener than ever to win a race as soon as possible."

I guess he could be lying, but he actually said that while he was happy about the team win, he really wanted to win himself.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Well then I resort to the comment that:

Rubins Barrichello is a F1 driver of average ability.

He cannot be good and constantly making these mistakes ... Has to be one or the other.

Pete

8. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    You must remember that the turns 12-13 are a banked portion of the track with more than enough room to pass anywhere, in fact, the Indy cars run 4 to 4 wide at 220+ in these corners. You could not back off and retain your position, assuming you would stall the car behind you. That maneuver simply would not have worked in this situation on this track.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Well, right, it's not really good for his career for him to say that he is trying to pass and can't. Therefore, I don't see why he would lie about that. It would be better for his career and value to other teams if he did not dispel the notion that he is not allowed to pass.
    And, even if we speculate that somewhere in his contract it says he has to let MS win, it's highly unlikely that it also says in his contract that in interviews he has to lie and say he is really trying.

10. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    I believe RB is simply getting schooled by the best driver in the field, and perhaps the best ever. MS simply doesn't miss an opportunity, that is what makes him so dominating.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes it would because MS would have had to back off too. Remember they had yet to pass the start finish line, thus the lead car (RB) controls the pace of the cars behind him.

MS is NOT allowed to pass.

Thus RB gets wheel spin entering the straight, and keeps on accelerating. If he had lifted and slowed right down again, MS's run would have been stuffed.

Remember MS nearly went over the start finish line ahead of RB and would have been penalised if he had. Thus a little LIFT from RB would have ensured that MS did.

A person who is racing to win does not let the other driver get a jump on them like that.

Pete

12. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004

No what I am saying is that Michael Schumacher is the Best F1 racer ever. NO driver, even if you bring Senna back and certainly not Rubens can overtake him. Did you remeber seeing Montoya being stuc behind him in Canada. Even your much cherished Montoya could not overtake Schumacher. Michael Schumacher is simply the best driver and it is simply immposible for Rubens to overtake him. Being second... only by 18 points to the best F1 driver ever to walk on tis planet is also greatness. Rubens is a gret F1 racer, but Michael is simply the greatest there has ever been.

13. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I agree with that comment.

But RB had a definite chance to stuff MS's pass after the safety period and did nothing!!!!!

Now MS might have passed him later if RB had lifted and stuffed MS's move but that is not my point.

If RB was REALLY racing MS he would have done something to stuff MS's pass. He did not thus either RB is thick, or under team orders.

Wouldn't it look better than coming 2nd to the best driver in the world to have beaten him a few times ... ?

Pete

15. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Oops. Pete, I believe that if RB intentionally lets up on the gas, when MS is just about even with him and thereby causes MS to pass, there would be no penalty.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Wrong. The first car on the track has to pass the start finish line first. Thus MS would have been penalised. Rules are rules. No passing under yellow and until the first car crosses the start finish line the track is under yellow flag conditions.

So RB was under control of the situation and did nothing.

Pete
    ps: If RB had stopped his car, then everybody would have had to stop behind him! Seriously true.

17. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    When you watch the replay, pay attention to the attempted pass by RB on MS on lap 21/73. That was no half hearted effort. It was a near collision and race ending maneuver for both drivers. That should satisfy you.

18. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Michael Schumacher in the current F2004 Ferrari F1 car is unbeatable unless he is taken out the race by an accident. It is a fact of life. This combination of MS and ferrari cannot be beaten. So the only way Rubens could win is if Michael crashed out while Rubens was in second place.

Coming second to an uneatable driver / car combintion is honorable and greatness in itself.

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You guys just don't get it do you (?). Please go and race a car or something so you understand what I am talking about ;).

A pass starts well before the car is beside you. Once the car is beside you and on the inside of a corner you can do whatever you like but you are passed, fncked whatever it is over. There is a very rare chance that you could go around the outside but not really.

To stop a car passing you you have to be clever BEFORE they get up beside you. RB could have done something before the start finish line ...

Sorry RB is either an idiot or under strong team orders.
    Pete

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Please don't try and become a racing driver Imperial83. If this is really how you think then you are beaten before you start your car up. The current champion of whatever series will have it all over you mentally.

MS can be beaten, he is human. RB has the best chance because he has the next best car. Nobody is unbeatable, that is rediculous.

Pete

21. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Why then do we have officials who must interpret the rules and apply them?

22. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    As the saying goes "You are hearing what I am saying, but you are not listening". I did not say MS is unbeatable. Formula 1 is a team sport. I am saying Michael driving the F2004 is unbeatable. Micahel is human, ofcourse you can eat him. Michael driving the current Ferrari car is unstopable. He won't be defeated unless he does not finish a race or does some mistake on his own. If he had made a mistake today, Rubens in second place would have grabbed that oppurtunity and would have been victorious.

I don't intend on becoming a professional race driver. Although you should see my collection of amatuer go kart trophies.

23. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Yeah, I think I saw him wearing a shirt that said "EAT ME" on the back... :)

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry Boxer12,

I do not understand what you mean ??

If we are still talking about the restart after the safety car the rule is very simple. Once the safety car pulls in the lead car controls the pace and cannot be overtaken until the start finish line. MS was very lucky that he didn't anyway as it was very, very close ... clever MS.

Thus I say again a smart person in RB's shoes would have lifted after the accidental wheel spin. This would have made MS accidentally pass him and thus get penalised :D :D, OR MS would have had to slow too and thus RB would have the advantage again.

Imperial83,

I have been discussing this with you the wrong way. I'll try a different tack.

Why do you think RB is now allowed to race MS?

When RB was hired it was part of his contract NOT to race MS. We know that Irvine had these rules ... and was not always 100% happy about this. We have watched Ferrari force RB to let MS win especially at Austria in 2000 (I think).

What has changed?

The rules have changed to supposedly outlaw it, but it is impossible to stop Ferrari playing team orders.

Thus I still believe RB allows MS to win.

Pete

25. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Pass me a bucket. That has broken the crap-o-meter.

If you had the two Renaults or the two BARs or the two Williams heading down the pit straight side by side fighting for the next corner I dunno which driver of each of the teams would be ahead exiting the corner. If it was MS and Rubens then I think someone from Brazil wouldn't be expecting a pay cheque in the mail next month should he come out ahead. I can understand the one-eyed nature of this forum to an extent but if the Williams were so dominating and the results so contrived there would be an outrage from parties posting here.