transmission options | FerrariChat

transmission options

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by shelbee, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you prefer F1 or 6 speed transmission

1. F1 paddle shift

2. 6 speed manual

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Do you prefer F1 or 6 speed transmission??

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Why not extend the poll to C) 7-speed manual D) Sequential manual shifter E) worse poll ever

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Isn't the F1 a "sequential manual shifter"?

And the 6-speed vs. 7-speed is a wholly independent question... if they build a 7-speed manual, they can just as easily offer an F1 version that uses the same 7-speed gears, shifted sequentially.

It can't be "worst poll ever" given the same question has been asked dozens of times here. Maybe now that we can do it as a poll, if we can get a good response, then all future threads asking this can simply be pointed to here. Eliminating that repetition would make this a very good poll! ;)

4. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Difficult to answer out of the context. What car, what purpose ?
    In doubt, I voted manual. For specific purposes (track or road blasts), F1.

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Yes, the F1 is a (finger operated) SMG, however I was refering to a (hand operated) stick where you push it forward to usphift and pull it back to downshift while modulating the clutch with you left foot (more motorcycle like). It also has the property that you can't go from 6th to 1st without passing through 4 other gears.

6. TeenwhoneedsaFerrari

Dec 23, 2003
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Blair Salter
    This argument seems familair............I still vote manual.