IDNW (GLBT) | FerrariChat

IDNW (GLBT)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nice short this morning! :)

DL

2. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Even nicer!! :) :)

DL

3. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Thanks dave, I thought the hawaiian look kind of fit well. I didnt know you noticed though?

4. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Not that nice compared to a long position that got in under .75 like me :) I was looking at that as a short yesterday but I decided to leave this one alone because of conflicting info and I felt uneasy about it.

5. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    I got lucky on some shares for a short...out at 0.23 and back in today at 0.14, but ****ing eTrade still hasnt gotten the new certificates from the holding company for the new symbol so I cannot move the stock I have there. Ameritrade had no problem so I shorted there but with a lot less in terms of shares than I have on eTrade. Did this happen to anyone else?

cohiba I hope you got in at 0.075 not 0.75 :p I am thinking this is the last time I short this baby and going to ride the pony as high as it will take me. I guess I am thinking 0.75-1.00 now, more if a merger discussion flares up.

6. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Hmm. That's certainly interesting. Last I knew, and AFAIK - Ameritrade (and Etrade for that matter) won't short stocks that are trading at less than $5. Did something change there?

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Is it too late to get in on this stock?

8. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    Tim I dont think it is too late to get in on the stock. Right now it is down to 0.135 in trading which is a pretty attractive price. Once again though it is a penny stock and I would only put into it what you feel you can lose.

John

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Very good advice..........

DL

10. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I'm still long with my shares, right now is a strong buy, seems to be lots of support at these levels. Also check out ibzt, they just came out with a virtual keyboard (www.ibizcorp.com) it looks really cool and got covered on cnbc today. It will be out in a month at Radio Shack and other stores. I got in at sub penny levels now its at around 2 cents, here is the news on it from today. http://www.randombling.com/ibiz/

11. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    jjstecher - How were you able to short this penny stock at Ameritrade?

12. Canto

Canto Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    We're trading at less than 1x revs. Highly, oversold at this point. anyone still shorting this stock at $0.125 is going to get their ass handed to them.

13. Canto

Canto Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    He can't...AMTD doesn't allow a short on anything less than $5. He's naked shorting from outside the US.

14. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    He is "naked shorting" from outside the US via Ameritrade? How do you define "naked shorting"?

Besides, he made the comment about Etrade not having the shares to short - and Ameritrade having the shares to short - doesn't sound like he was talking about anything other than a normal short, eh?

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Hence the question...

16. true

true Guest

So the rumor about an IRAQ contract appears to be true. Stock is back up +34% so far today.....any you guys still in this? Doesn't mean there will be much revenue though, it sounds like they are giving troops free phone cards. I missed the tip during the first run -- still holding or selling today?

Nick

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!

18. true

true Guest

I just sold off at .17. Good luck guys

19. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    Sorry for the slow reply didnt check this thread till this morning.

Canto/Bubbles - Ameritade allows me to short if I call them and place the order instead of doing it online. Costs me more but I can do it on stocks below $5, everything else I just do online. I just talked to them this morning and did it on another stock I have that is trading around $0.45.

This Iraq news was interesting this morning, I bought more shares last week when it bottomed around 0.135 on Friday. I am hoping for a nice run up over the next few days, and am really interested to see what they have to say in the conference call they are planning for Wednesday. The more I look into this company the stronger the stock appears.

Canto you still stuck on 0.65-0.75 for a sell point? That is what I have targeted just curious about the rest of you. I might jump in and out before that though, but just to grow total shares held not to take profit.

20. Canto

Canto Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Absolutely...in fact, I'm raising my target since some valuable contracts have been worked out over the past few weeks, and revs are expected to be much higher for 04 than expected.

21. true

true Guest

I ended up buying back half the amount I sold at .154.

22. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    This was a nice play for me today made 75% bought this morning at 0.014 and sold at 0.0315. Good tip there, I knew they were an interesting company as I met them at Java One this year. CEO is a nice guy and I hope they end up making it big, but damn hardware is a losing battle right now with how small the profit margins.

Anyway I increased my positions in GLBT so I am praying she is going up with the revs that are expected to shake down in 2004. The company as I said looks better everyday I look at it compared to lots of other ones out there. This stock is a day traders dream, I am on vacaction today so I sat back watch TV and played. Didnt do to bad, fun for short and long term. :p

Once again Canto I think we all owe you on this tip...I am sure you have made some people out there some nice pocket change.

23. jjstecher

jjstecher Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2002
    Rochester Minnesota
    Full Name:
    John Stecher
    So Canto what is your price target again...looking at revs this company as of last year is at $11.58M with a marketcap of 79.5M, EGHT which is trading at $5.39 has revs of $11M with a marketcap of 166.27M. Now do you see these stock as being equals with both settling to around the same market cap? Granted slighty different industries but still VoIP sector. Assuming same marketcap valuation that puts GLBT at $0.338. Do you think the stock will face some resistance here to go higher or since they have very clean books, looking to show positive EPS this year they will streak higher? I was just doing some more DD on some stocks tonight and started looking at GLBT dreaming of an F40. :p Just wanted to get your 0.02.

24. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    w/o getting too personal with the questions, how many share blocks are you all trading? commissions on these penny stocks are a killer so seems like you'd have to buy blocks of at least 100,000 to make it worth the while.

for instance, in my online account, for 100,000 shares of IBZT commissions are $503 so assuming the same on the sell side, that's over $1000. even if it moves $0.02 (which is over 30%), i'd only net $1000 (if i did my math correctly). so it would have to move around 15% just to break even?

are you all banking on 30-50% moves each day to day trade or buying and holding for the long term?

these penny stock plays do seem intriguing and worth the "gamble" in certain cases but i want to make sure i'm not missing something here...

thanks and good luck to everyone!

25. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Thats what I don't get... acording to etrade the commission should be $20 + $.01 per share for more than 5000 shares, but...

I only paid $40 to buy and sell well more than 5000 shares of IBZT yesterday

What gives???

Luke.