Cool Bike video! | FerrariChat

Cool Bike video!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by allanlambo, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i cant even understand how those guys can take spills at those speed of aorund 200 mph and still be alive.

2. John

John Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Torrance, CA
    Full Name:
    John

I am still wondering the same thing.

Great video allan!

-John

3. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    AWESOME.

It's wet out so I just cleaned the Ducati, lubed the chain, and revved it for a while.

4. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Those guys are the best riders in the world.
    I wonder if rossi can take the yamaha to a victory this year.
    It's going to be a great season!!!!!!!!!!!

5. adamr

adamr Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanks Allan, that kicked a$$!

6. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    The movie Faster should be out on DVD soon.

7. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Can't get it to download . . .(Mac)

Went for New Year Day ride but it got COLD fast . . . Brrrrr

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Hey, I have a 996 too, but in yellow! I haven't ridden in a while.

Nice pic, where was it taken?

9. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Cool video...

The first (and only) time i ever rode my bike, was a completely new, exciting and scary experience... i couldn't believe something could accelerate so quickly... i loved it... and it also scared the sh_t outta me... i wanted to adjust to it, learn about it, experience it... i wanted to harness that kind of speed... The next day i came home from work and the @#$%ing thing wouldn't start... It's never been ridden since... There's a whole load of problems with it... i hope, one day, to get another motorcycle and begin anew... i remember turning with it and you have to lean pretty far in to get it that bad boy to turn with the road... The speedometer doesn't work on mine (along with a whole laundry list of other things) but at one point, i twisted the gas and had it up to about 50 or so... It was a thrill to accelerate that quickly... Had i actually gotten the thing on the road, legally, the plate would've read: DNR - very fitting, i think. :)

10. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, N/B 101 fwy at the 405 interchange.

Go Ride !

DES, what in the world did you buy?

11. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    That's why bikes rock. So I broke a few bones in my youth. Bones heal ,chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, glory is forever. From my Turbo Busa to my liter bikes, they rock. Love Formula 1 but sitting in a cacoon all safe and cozy takes away from that copper taste in your mouth when you hang it out. This boys and girls is manly man racing. And if you want to go even more extreme catch Speedvision's coverage of the Isle of Man. Road racing in a island ,bikes go airborne ,houses right off the curbs,rain fog you name it.Supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorow I'm hitting the canyons.

12. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Awesome post. I know that taste well. I am gonna go ride tomorrow. I was sitting on the couch practicing dabbing the throttle to induce oversteer and then unwinding the steering wheel while easing off the throttle and giving a final stab when it's all straight to make the car squiggle away after a "controlled" drift. The plan was to practice in an empty, wet parking lot tomorrow, so I could get used to my new suspension. But now I will go ride instead.

I learnt to ride on a Vespa scooter in India and had to sit and practice shifting with one hand (shifter and clutch are both on the right handlebar) while backing off on the throttle and then getting back on. It really paid off when I took the test. Today's "practice" bought back some funny memories from my early riding days. I once got stuck in the middle of a ramp, and even though I kept giving it throttle, I forgot about releasing the clutch. When I finally did remember to release, I almost launched the damn thing! Same thing with my ZX-6. When I first got it, the engine seemed pretty loud, so I let the clutch out and stalled it becase I was at idle. Next time, I figured a quarter twist of the throttle should do nicely. That time, I did launch!

DES,
    your ZX-6...if you still have it, get it sorted. It's a good bike. Get a bungee net and stick it under the seat, and you will be able to haul plenty of cargo if you need to. Does yours come with a center-stand like mine did? That's useful for lubing the chain. A lot of people remove them, though, which I never understood. It's cool to have sparks flying out when you are heeled over!

Faisal (still alive).