Horrible Ferrari accident yesterday in Madrid... and bad publicity for Ferrari | FerrariChat

Horrible Ferrari accident yesterday in Madrid... and bad publicity for Ferrari

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jbanzai, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    There was a horrible accident in Madrid yesterday. The owner of a Ferrari 360 went into an underpass tunnel at a 150 km/h, it did fly and lost control hiting the walls and a car in the oposite direction.

The foto says everything. The driver a woman 30 and the companion 30 to 35 years old both died.

Tragic.

Now the media, which is in a campaing against infractors, are using this as an example.

- Julio

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Pffffffffff, oh my god; horrible!
    My deepest sympathy for the bereaveds.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

3. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Terrible! Absolutely horrendous. Again two young people dead in a 360.

A sad day.

Ton

4. Fede Ferrari

Fede Ferrari Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Barcelona, Spain
    Full Name:
    Fede García
    Es realmente espeluznante... quizá se haya debído a la inexperiencia de la conductora (según he visto en la maniobra), la cual entró sin control en el tunel.

FEDE

5. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Hola Fede, bienvenido al foro.

She probably lost the control of the car because she lost the aerodinamic downforce at the jump of the tunnel. And that tunnel is terribly narrow, only two cars wide.

It was just a suicidal act to go 150 Km/h in that street. It is complytly unresponsable, and unffortunatelly they paid with their lives for it. It was a miracle that they did not take anyone else life with them in the accident.

Those who know the area can tell you about how unresponsable was that driving.

- Julio.

6. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    Absolutely incredible...150 k/h in the town center. We´ll never really know what happened, but I´m very sorry.
    - Jesus

7. abavai

abavai Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hola Fede! Bienvenido al foro, lástima que por este tema ese haya sido tu primer mensaje.
    Soy de Zaragoza , suscriptor de tu revista.
    ALberto.

8. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    Bienvenido a la comunidad Fede, aunque como dice alfredo no ha sido en un momento de gloria, pero ... así es la vida, probablemente mañana las conversaciones entre nosotros o "contra" nuestros amigos de centro Europa, seran mas divertidas. Saludos de nuevo.
    -Jesus.

9. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    He dicho Alfredo, pero era Alberto.
    Saludos.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I hope the occupants of the other car survived and are okay. While this is extremely sad for the Ferrari occupants, I feel for the innocent others that this accident involved.

Lets all remember to keep the speed for the track ... and have a safe and happy new year.

Pete

11. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    Fortunatly the occupants of the other car are alive, and will probably survive. But unffortunatelly one is far from ok. The woman driving the Peugeot is having medular surgery as we speak, fighting to keep her mobility. I hope she makes it.

- Julio.

12. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ditto

Pete

13. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Medular surgery is not a good sign!
    I hope that she comes out fine.

Ton

14. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Ton,
    got the same feeling like you; once again a 360...still remembering the 20.June 2003

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

15. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    Wolfgang, what happened last 20 of June?
    -Jesus.

16. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    We have lost 2 dear & close friends from ferrarichat.com.
    Jens Haller & Amar R.I.P. we will never forget you!

Jens was the first one from Europe here at ferrarichat.com
    He started the Euopean section and organized the1.European FerrariChat Meeting.
    At this 4 days meeting at the Nürburgring, Germany, Jens & Amar died in a horrible crash with their F 360.

If you want to know/read more about, please take the time and have a look to the "old forum":
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/174013/192976.html?1056396610

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

17. tele013

tele013 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    Malaga, Spain
    Full Name:
    jesus
    Thank you, I´m very sorry
    -Jesus

18. Malfark

Malfark F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2002
    Mud Island, Europe
    Full Name:
    Markem
    I just saw this thread...terrible :( ...and bad memories to be sure. Cheers, MARK

19. marcos

marcos Formula 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Zuid-Holland - Nethe
    Full Name:
    Marc den D.
    I’m so sad to discover live could be so cruel…

…I’ve been reading the threat. It must be hard to lose friends this way!? I just want you all to know I feel very sorry…

…I just hope they didn’t suffer.

20. mlabiche

mlabiche Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Aroud Geneva Lake - AKA : Heaven
    Full Name:
    Marin Labiche
    Sorry that's not horrible : that's pure Physics ! Dumb enought to go 150 KMs in a tunnel on open road in town !!!... That dumb crazy.. Do not be astonished that one one day big brother will be on bord with "on the engine" speed limiter @ 80 Kms... really not.
    Okay what happend edis not fortunate of course but children should not play with matches.... @ least I hoppe one no one else has be hurt, since this event 'ill just convince other people that ferrari drivers considers themselves as "barbarians in the jungle" which is definetly not what i would like to considered.. Definitly not !!!
    Sorry to shock may be but, one time, we have to have a look forward over affective reaction....
    "Condoleances" anyway for the relative of this two died personns, but may their death not be useless, and made us thinking a bit that road and town are not our private sandboxes...
    Of course i am not assuming taht all ferrari f=drivers are irresponsible of course not, pretty much the opposite in fact, but these tragic moment should be the opportunity for mutual introspection for us
    ... and yes : death can be behind gthe wheel and the "speedest" , the closer U R, no doubt about it, that's the golden rule

Anyway enjoy life.... "it can be shorter that you expect"

21. Sharky

Sharky Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2002
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bart Boonacker
    Woow, this is really bad news, let's hope the other woman survives without any physical damage.
    Like pete said:

"Lets all remember to keep the speed for the track"

Definatly true :(

Bart

22. romeoturk

romeoturk Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    MTL/BRN/Istanbul
    God help the families of the dead..

I dont think the Ferrari has any fault.. u can go 150 in about any car, i think its probably the drivers mistake, theres nothing wrong with going fast.. but theres a time and place for everything... maybe it sounds cruel but u play u pay...As well all now Ferraris arent just expensive toys taht you play around with, however alot of people seem to think taht

I dont own a ferrari but I been about 3 serious car accidents where the car involved has been written off and thank god i been out with any serious injury...I know what its like to feel when a car loses control and u cant do anything about it except watch in slow motuon.. god forbid anyone here from feeling that terror..

Please guys, always think twice before flooring that accelator..