Ferraris and Friends at Talladega GP - November 15 | FerrariChat

Ferraris and Friends at Talladega GP - November 15

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Mike C, Nov 2, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Remember, our next regional track event is the Make-A-Wish Foundation Charity event November 15th at "Little Talladega". Details are via the links at our website, at
    www.fca-se.com or www.fca-se.org
    or directly at
    www.TradeTutor.com/tgpr/
    which includes pics and articles from past events there.

2. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Mike, with the old Chat I could click on a web address in a thread and go there and then come back to Ferrarichat. I tried that with your thread and it looks like I can't do that with the new format.

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Branko -- Rob is aware of the problem with "hot links" not working properly.

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  5. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Boy, that was quick. Great job, Rob.

6. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    Branko, are you coming this time, too? I'm so damned excited I can hardly see straight! I'm bringing my '78 carb car down this time! Now, I gotta warn ya'll: mine isn't half as clean as most I've seen. We had a meeting here in Knoxville a few weeks ago and mine was far and away the "beater" of the bunch. But I love the thing and can't wait to spin it around the track!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

7. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Lee, after all the hard work you did, I can hardly wait to see your '78'. And it will be great to see you again. As long as it does not rain I will be there. Really looking forward to seeing some great cars and meeting some new people.

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Don't worry, we're doing the tech on my car this weekend without washing all of the bugs off from the 527 mile drive from Savannah/Hilton Head Island... Ferraris are meant to be driven!!!

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    We've had some drop outs and replacements from the waiting list, but we're currently full with one non-Ferrari on the waiting list... we have one more potential drop out.

Types of Ferraris that are expected to be represented at the event (several models have more than one coming):

308, 328, 355, 360, TR, 456GT, 575M, 365 2+2, 365 GT/4, 275GTB

Other cars coming: 3 Vipers, a Diablo, a Porsche, and a 'Vette. Also of note, though not for the track all day, is a Countach that one of the Ferrari owners is also planning to bring.

It's going to be MARVELOUS. Let's just hope for great weather. Of course if it rains, that's why our tires have treads, eh? We can slide around all day and not wear them out!

10. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Should be a lot of fun, quite a list of cars! I'm going to go ahead and get my tech inspection done and everything ready just incase a spot opens up :) Just seeing all these cars in one day, being driven as they were meant to be will be awesome. Looking foward to it.

11. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    The list of cars that are coming is very impressive. I am going to have to bring my camera. Now, if we only have some sunshine on the 15th.

12. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Steeda (Rick) -- good idea. There's almost always someone who has to cancel at the very last minute and/or doesn't show.

13. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    Weather.com says only 10% chance of rain that day! Woo-hoo! Clouds in the morning, sun in the afternoon and evening. Looks like good weather for driving!

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    It's Wednesday evening, and we just had a cancellation by Dr Erik and his 365 GT/4... he has to go out of town. If you know of any of your Ferrari or other exotics-owning buddies that had wanted to come, they can have his spot if they can get their car tech'd and have a proper helmet.

As always, event details are via the links at
    www.fca-se.org or www.fca-se.com

15. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    New forecast for Nashville is now 30% scattered showers and windy on Saturday - yuk. But looks like Anniston, AL will be sunny and 61 degrees !

16. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Yes, the forecast say it's going to be FABULOUS day for driving on the track (and clear weather for driving home afterwards)!!!

17. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    WHAT TIME ARE MOST OF YOU GETTING TO THE INN ON FRIDAY. AND WHAT TIME DOES THE GATES OPEN ON SATERDAY.I HAVE SOME LATE NIGHT WORK TO DO ON THE C/T UPS IS BRING MY PARTS BUT NOT TILL AFTER 5:00PM THIS IS GOING TO BE CLOSE.

18. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Mike G:

We'll meet for the social around 6pm, dinner is scheduled for 7pm. You're welcomed to come even if it's later just to join us for dessert and coffee.

At the track, gate opens at 8:15, you should try to be there at 8:30. Gate is LOCKED at 9am when we start the safety briefing.

The details/agenda is at the event webpage, at
    www.TradeTutor.com/tgpr
    also includes links to map and to the hotel website

19. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    GREAT TIME!!!!
    Perfect day and a bunch of very nice people