348 Front Grill Emblem | FerrariChat

348 Front Grill Emblem

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ksullender, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    I am looking to put this on my 1990 348. Is it a direct bolt on from the later models? Where should I look for one and what is the going prices? I see some emblems on ebay but I am not sure if they are a bolt on to the front grill or just generic emblems.

Thanks

2. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Send me a message, I have one that came off my car when I put a Chrome one on. However, it is my understanding that most early 348's didn't come with a front emblem. The one I have came off the rear. I think that Ferrari only put the prancing horse on the Spyder but I am not sure.

3. Nationaltec

Nationaltec Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    North County
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Whether it is bolt on depends on your front grill. A 90 shouldn't have the brackets that accept the cavallino. Mine, a 92, didn't have them either. You can either make your own small bracket to attach to the small bolts on the back of the emblem, or crazy glue that sucker on. Either way works well. The price from the dealer for the small cavallino (around 1.5 " tall) is about $50.

Vincent.

6. SeaBayR

SeaBayR Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    On the Chesapeake
    On the 1994 Spider the Cavallino is 75mm (2 1/2") tall

7. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I just bought the small cavallino from the dealer and made my own brackets and drilled holes in the grill to screw into. I had to remove the front plate holder and fill the holes for that first. Then repaint. It turned out nice and I am glad I did it.