Borrani Wheels | FerrariChat

Borrani Wheels

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BillSchneider, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BillSchneider

BillSchneider Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    I'm a new Ferarri owner and new to the forum....so, I don't know if this has been covered.

Is there a source in the USA for rebuilding Borrani wheels?

Thanks

2. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    There used to be Borrani Wire Wheel Service in Venice, CA. I had them rebuild a set of wheels for my Lusso. Used Stainless Steel spokes. Marvelous work. Sorry, don't have their phone number anymore.
    regards Ken.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dayton Wire Wheel services Borranis.

4. BillSchneider

BillSchneider Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Thanks for the replies:

The guy in Venice California who has been rebuilding B wheels for many show cars now lives in Quincy, Illinois.

His name is Cork Adams and he has a very active business! With very reasonable prices!

I'll post the info when I get more.

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    As far as "rebuilding" wire wheels, if the process ends up replacing all the spokes, stripping and replating the rest, etc, etc,; aren't you basically just building an entirely NEW wheel after all is said and done? One of the locals had a set of knock-off wheels for an early Corvette. They were Dayton wire wheels from the early sixties. He called Dayton wheels about "rebuilding" the wheels and they told him that they could make an entire new set of wheels for about the same price. Is their something unique about the Borrani wheel that makes them cheaper to rebuild than to manufacture a new set? I think Dayton can still make just about anything for a price.

6. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You are right about building a new wheel. However, the wheel core rim carries the authentic stamping and wheel number. In my case, for my Lusso, the wheel number (3208) remained after rebuilding. I would not like to lose that authenticity even though the spokes are different.