328 Lamp Door Warning Light | FerrariChat

328 Lamp Door Warning Light

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chiaro_Slag, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I got the console off - Thanks for all your guys' help!!

Seems like each time I get something fixed, I have another issue.

My red lamp warning light in the side of the door was missing (just the red light cover). I got the new one in the mail yesterday & replaced the part (the old bulb had fallen in the door, but was still lit. The passenger side worked fine).

Now that I replaced the driver side light, neither of them work!

Did I short something? Should I unhook the battery when I am monkeying with this stuff? Could it be a fuse?

Kind of confused since they both worked & after I unhooked and replaced the driver side, neither work.

Thanks in advance for any guidance provided.

2. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Yes you probably did short out the lamps, I did the same thing replacing mine all it takes it for the connector to touch metal anywhere in the door

As I recall if you shorted the lamp the auto door locks don't work either, its one of the fuses if so

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    ahh, good, an easy fix. :)

I'll check out the fuses. Thanks!

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #4 Chiaro_Slag, Nov 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Eureka!

Thanks so much atheyg!!

I love that people here will take the time to help us beginners out. I never would have bought this car if it wasn't for F-Chat - You all have given me the confidence to fix things and to learn that Ferrari ownership is manageable!

Almost ready to start dyeing all my leather. Here is a picture of my center console removed - Welcome to the hell that is my life!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Note the bulbs package - I keep going with the motto, while I'm in here.....

lol - It's getting me in some trouble, but hopefully it will all last for a while!

6. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    You should disconnect the battery whenever working on electrical components as a precaution. Are you going to use an airbrush on the leather, or apply the dye by hand?

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Len - I will disconnect the battery next.

I don't think I will use an airbrush - Probably will just do it by hand.