Pantera For Sale | FerrariChat

Pantera For Sale

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by West777, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    I know a lot of poeple don't like the Pantera because its not a "true" Italian sports car, but I think they look beautiful. There is a real nice one for sale in Calgary AB, my home town. I haven't had the chance to take a look at it personally, but the pics look great. I LOVE the red interior. Check it out.

2. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
  3. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
  4. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Ah, who cares about "true" Italian, or "purebread" vehicles. Ferrari and Maserati are FIAT, Lamborghini is Audi, Jaguar is Ford, Lotus is GM (or was? can't remember), etc. Just enjoy whatever the car, for whatever the reason.

That is really a pretty black on the Pantera, but that red interior has GOT to go.

5. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    haha, I think its awesome

6. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Yeah, the red is a little in your face.

7. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Looks like the seats were stollen from a furniture store.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    that about a 75-76? is it a true gts? meaning the 800hp+ twin turbo, or...?

9. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    If it's one of the American (Ford) GTS's, then that would make it 1 of about 140. The US GTS's were different in cosemetics only, there were no horsepower advantages.

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    the 'disco countach'

some of the guys in our former club (panteras intn'l) had the euro gts' that rolled off the assembly line at 850hp. as the story goes, it was the most hp in any publicly available from the factory until the vector in 1988.

11. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    While European GTS's did offer different options to their buyers, there was never a 850hp DeTomaso anything, not even a Pantera. The most powerful Pantera, from the factory, that I'm aware of was a prototype Pantera 200/Si/90 (people actually call them all three of those) that came out in 1990, that was a twin-turboed, fuel-injected 302. I can't recall the HP number in the article I have around here somewhere, but even it wasn't anywhere close to the 850hp figure.

12. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Yeah, I was thinking it was upper 300s, maybe low 400s.

13. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    The hp for the pantera 200, a twin turbo fuel injected car was 480bhp, the name Pantera 200 comes from its top speed, it had similair performance to the F40. i know the guy who owns this car, it is in the uk. The only other cars to come from the factory with this kind of power were the Group4 cars, developed for racing but also sold as road cars for homologation, they were between 400 and 500 bhp depending on the spec requested by the buyer, pretty impressive as they were sold in 1972 to compete against the daytona
    steve

14. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    standard engine for the Pantera SI/200/novanta here in Europe is 240hp, 5 litre Ford Mustang engine. Only 37 cars were made, including three Targas.
    There is a yellow SI in Germany (www.ernsdoerfer.de) that was tuned to more than 800bhp alongside some significant weight reduction (carbon fibre doors and hood etc)

15. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I have always liked the Pantera, esoecially that GTS with the body kit and the wing...too bad it's a Ford engine.

16. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Is that the snob coming out in you??
    The engine in the Pantera has turned out to be one of its many strenghts, bags of power, even more torque, and as for the soundtrack, a much misunderstood car, especially in the US as the best models were only sold in Europe
    Steve

17. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Standard output for the Si is 300hp from the 5lit engine, 480hp for the Si200 model, which is the twin turbo, there is only one factory Si200 in existence, it is in the UK and belongs to the DeTomaso importer, Emilia Concessionaires in Silverstone. You are correct about the Number on nuevo Panteras made, 37, the last one made is in The DeTomaso museum in Modena, and two were destroyed for crash testing, and two have been exported to Australia. not many left in europe!
    Steve

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    No not really... well maybe. I just think a car as sensuous and sexy and obviously Italian NEEDS a sweet sounding exhaust note to go with it, not the big V8 American muscle car sound it has now.

19. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I couldnt agree less, I think if the Pantera sounded like a ferrari v8 it just wouldnt seem right, its a very pugnacious car, some of its styling is brutal and the amer v8 sound is an integral part of the cars character, aside from that the Pantera sound is unique to the car, a major factor being the exhaust header and muffler design.
    Here is a pic of my GT5S

20. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

A Pantera is a Pantera. It should sound as it sounds. Its not supposed to be a Ferrai or any other brand. Besides, being able to take a Ford V8 and create a very good sportscar is rather cool.

On a side note...
    I've got this very nice picture of a Pantera that has that Calvin sticker urinating on a prestigious Italian brand ... I’d put it up but I’d rather not get banned.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #21 allanlambo, Mar 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here, let me help you!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks nice - The seats sure don't look original (I definitely could be wrong though) and there looks to be a lot of body molding added on. Great cars though - True "beasts".

23. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    The seats in the black pantera are original but just one of several types you could specify, they look like lounge chairs to me, pretty awful, the buckets or recaro type are best, as for the body moulding, that is the early type GT5, which had the flares bolted on, the later GT5S saw the intro of new wider panels and was a much smoother looking car

24. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for the Info! The Pantera with the bolted on flares make is a very different looking car. The ones I have seen don't have them - It reminds mne of the countach evolution - As that car went on, so much stuff was added. The early countach's look way different than the later ones - Especially the anniversary edition.

The one Pantera I have driven, had much different seats. The cars are fun though - Just look at those rear tires!

25. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

#25 Aureus, Mar 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thats funny I didn't see any White Diablo when I was up there lol.
    My picture is bigger ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login