Members in the North East? | FerrariChat

Members in the North East?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by gumball3000, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Anyone out there based in the North East?

I am working in London but my car is at home in East Yorkshire and I don't know of anyone else with one in my area! (An F Car, not just a car damn it!)

Just wondering if there is anyone to meet up with!

Cheers

Ed

2. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I Live in North Linclonshire, in Sunny Scunny (S****horpe) believe it or not >>>>

3. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Oh Hell....

Woke up this morning and read my message again. Could I sound more arrogant?!!! I certainly didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at non F Car owners! Trust me, at 1am after several pints of Guinness and a bottle of Chianti it sounded really funny!

Sorry if anyone got the wrong end of the stick on that one!

Ed

By the way....Any Elise owners up my way either?

4. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Kenyon

Ah, the wrong side of the Bridge!

I am based near Beverley, so if you fancy meeting up one weekend, that would be great!

Ed

5. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Ed, Beverley is not that far from me about 45 mins drive. No problem meeting up one day. I have two good friends in my area that have a Lambo Countach and Lotus Esprit V8 and TVR Cerbra.

It a nice drive out that way. You can always cross the Bridge my way. My parents own a great Inn in Susworth called the Jenny Wren..

6. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Nice!

Look forward to that! Will try to get my brother to come down in the Elise too! I never had the heart to let it leave the family after the Gumball, so I sold it to my Brother for a steal. He was happy anyway!

Will let you know when I head back up to Yorkshire. My contract finishes in London at the end of the month!

Ed

7. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Live near Wakefield, only an hour to get to Hull would be interested in meeting up

BTW have a non F-car ;)

8. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ed

I live in Sheffield. No problems meeting up anytime for a run out. Lets get a run out planned ASAP.

Mark

9. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

10. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yea,I'm in Huddersfield and most people still have Horses and Carts round here so i'm up for a trip out 1 day in the 355.Justin,if you want a blast out in that 348 of yours let me know mate! Got a 456 yet? But count me in if anything gets organised,still hav'ny seen that noisy TVR of yours Martyn!!

11. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

SOunds good to me! I was in Huddersfield the day after Boxing Day with the Spider. I was at University there for 4 years, so I have a soft spot for the place...

Ricky's Bar 2000 still on Leeds Road?

They used to have a half decent strip night from time to time!!!!!

Ed

12. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Hi Simon

Happy New Year to you (and all f-chatter people)

How is the spider going after the service and belts? Hope the wallet did'nt suffer much!!!! The TVR is going in soon for a seeing-to, and I fear I will be in my bare feet by the time the dealer has done robbing me :cry:

Would be good to all meet up for a blast.

MOD.

13. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    yep,Rickys is still there too!! You're a braver man than me venturing in there though!! Funny old place Huddersfield.I don't mind leaving the 355 in Leeds centre on a night,but I think its fair to say in Huddersfield theres not many with relations in aristocracy to put it politely,so there would not only be no wheels,but probably no car.And if it did reappear it would be with neons underneath.If youre ever over here with your Spider then let me know or i'll meet up halfway or something!! Does your roof leak?Every time I take a bird out she moans that she's getting soaked! Leaks on the passenger side so I don't care!

14. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Happy New Year to you mate!! Yea it came out with a bill for 2K.Straight on the plastic.Hope yours is'nt as bad!! It is tons better though! No altercations with plod recently either.We definetly all ought to get something arranged though.Most Sundays are now not good cos of work apart from 25th this month but any other times fine!

15. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Right,so by my reckoning we'd have 2 355 Spiders,a 348,aTVR and a 328 all round East/South/West Yorks area,plus anyone else who wants to come along.What does everyone think about meeting up somewhere near the M62/M1 interchange say 1 Sat or Sun mid morning?? As I said I can't do a Sunday unless its the 25th this month or 8th next month,but any other days fine.Any comments??

16. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    When I was in Huddersfield I had a Mini Cooper and so no one really touched it. There is no way I would leave the spider there though! Good town for a beer though!

The roof leaked a bit on the passenger side (LHD) so, again, I dont really care! Only had it 3 weeks, so time will tell!

Ed

17. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    This all sounds good to me! I am back in Yorkshire as of the 1st Feb, so any time after that should be fine. If I have to choose between meeting and a Leeds Utd game however.....

That said, the way things are, meeting takes preference!!!!!!!

Any ideas of a route to take?

Ed

18. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Just saw your pic of your 355,very nice!! Why don't we say the weekend of 7/8 Feb either day? There's loads of routes we could take over some wicked roads!! Plus some fantastic tunnels under Leeds city centre!! I've a tubi on mine as has Justin on his 348 so it'll be a good laugh!

19. MARKY 355

MARKY 355 Karting

Dec 26, 2003
    LANCASHIRE
    Full Name:
    MARK
    Count me in boys,we are hopefully having a northwest driveout,but some of us around manchester are well placed to take part in both.
    Just post the time and date!

20. MOD500

MOD500 Guest

Yes, 7/8th Feb would suit me. Looking forward to the tunnels!!

Will coerce of the other tivvers to come along if you wish.

Regards

MOD.

21. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    Looks good to me. No Tubi at the moment, but I do have a stainless sports exhaust of some description. Doesn't sound bad at all.....

Have a horrible feeling I may need a Tubi soon though! I need to get a picture of the car at Elland Road too.... (Before it becomes a first division ground....) Don't laugh....Please!

Ed

22. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Thats not a problem,we'll line em all up next to Billy Bremners statue!! Funny thing is,my Uncle is Head of Media at Leeds United, though I can't stand the bloody game! Would defo not want his job though!! He was telling me some interesting inside info about that Ferdinand chap the other day! I'll tell you about it when I see you,i'll get a Writ by return if I put it on here!! So put the 8th Feb in your diary and anyone else who wants to frighten some old ladies!!

23. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    By the way,I meant when he used to be at Leeds ha ha!

24. gumball3000

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
    As opposed to now when he can get himself in all kinds of trouble, all by himself!

Let alone with any help from the other Red Scum players!

Ed

25. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Please check out the discussion on the NORTHWEST DRIVEOUT as we are trying to combine a Noth West & Noth East meeting.

Mark