SHAMELESS PLUG FOR NORWOODS | FerrariChat

SHAMELESS PLUG FOR NORWOODS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jimpo1, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My car broke down late last week and wouldn't start. When I called the guys at Norwoods to let them know that the car would show up on the tow truck, James told me to wait on calling the truck. He came to my office parking garage to look at the car himself to see if it was something that could be fixed where it sat. He came out with his tools and checked all of the 'usual suspects' before we wound up calling for a tow.

This was service above and beyond what I expected. There's a reason my car has never been anywhere else for service.

Thanks James!

2. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    That's awesome Jim, not about your car, but the service. That is very rare these days to get customer service especially like that!

What was the diagnosis?

Hope she gets well soon...

3. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It was a burned connector in the board where the fuel pump relay attached. Not a big deal, the tow cost as much as the fix.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is nice.

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'll second that! Eclipses the service levels I've gotten anywhere else... including several places that I'd highly recommend... just not over Norwoods. Everyone there are just genuinely nice people... and that alone is so refreshing. Not to mention they know more and work harder than anybody else to solve your problem.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Everyone knows I love Norwoods. It would take too long for me to list everything they've done above and beyond the past 40+ months, but one that stands out is James driving all the way to Southlake twice to work on my car in the expensive high tech cold, damp, rock floor, breezy, and dimly lit garage I have. :)

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Happy to read these endorsements. I hope some of the nay sayers read them too. You know the ones who dis Norwoods for their creative approaches to all things Ferrari. Which is why I adore them, and I'm not even their customer. Norwoods, the Koenig/Hamann/Zehnder of the US.
    :)

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've never met a naysayer that has set foot in the place.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not surprised to hear that. That's another reason why it bothers me how fast people tend to shoot from their hips on this board. Just look in the archives.

10. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I had a PPI done there for a customer.
    They were VERY thorough, but more importantly
    they communicated very well also.

11. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jim,

Check with your insurance re: two. State Farm cut an in-house check for some $225 for a long-distance tow November of last year for me, all because I had a $3 line item on my policy ($3 per six months) for emergency roadside assistance or hazard or something like that...

Glad to hear things worked out with the car.

--Mike