Please post all the Titles of Ferrari books that you know of. | FerrariChat

Please post all the Titles of Ferrari books that you know of.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I am doing a research paper for one of my writing classes, and I get to pick the topic. I am writing on the history of Ferrari up to the present time. It is a 25 page paper, so I will probably need a lot of material. I have a few books, but need many more. Please post all of the Ferrari books that you know of. Thanks.

MJG

2. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I would guess that there are 200 or more Ferrari-themed books. Why would you need a list of them in order to write a paper? Unless your paper is on Ferrari-themed books....

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    K5, nice idea...!

The Complete Ferrari, by Hicks & Bleumel (with a lot of errors, apparently)... Gus recently gave me a Ferrari book (i can't remember the name) that has a complete catalogue of just about every model ever made, racing cars included... He also gave me another book on 308s, 328s and Mondials (i think that was the subtitle of the book)... Anything about the history of Ferrari that you're writing about, specifically...?

5. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003

My paper is not on Ferrari-themed books. I need the books so that I can do research.

Thanks, k5 and DES, I mean Carbon.

6. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003

Well, I just got the assignment today, and instantly I decided to do my paper on Ferrari. I am open to suggestions for specific topics if anyone has any. But, I have been thinking of doing it on how Ferrari came about and then a history of their production cars.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's a great idea... Any aspect of Ferrari's history is an interesting one... Be sure to include neat little factoids like how the prancing horse emblem came to be a part, first of the Scuderia, then of the road cars... i'm sure if you have any questions while you're writing the paper, if anyone here can help, they will... Let us know what you decide and how things go...!

8. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    MJG - Sorry, my earlier response wasn't helpful. My point was that you do not need a list of books unless you can actually put your hands onto those books. And there are a lot of them. Jay Leno jokes about it.

Have you checked at half.com? They have a great number of new and used books available for purchase, just do a search on "Ferrari".

One that I would recommend is Brock Yates: "Enzo Ferrari: The Man, The Cars, The Races". Printed in 1991. I got my copy at a Used Book store for $18.

If you have any particular questions or areas of interest, I'd be happy to check in my library of books and magazines and see if I can provide you with some useful material.

Good luck with the project!

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Matthew, you might do as well or better exploring the numerous Ferrari-related websites, rather than shelling out for books. You definitely picked a fun topic! Good luck, and let us know if there's anything specific you can't find.

10. Ekasilicon

Jan 21, 2003

Thanks to all of you for the willingness to help. I am sure I will be posting some questions in the future.

MJG

11. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    It might conceivably be a touch obscure for your topic, but for my Birthday I was delighted to receive - apart from Rob's BD wishes - a book called 'The Colonel's Ferraris'. This covers the trials, tribulations and successes of the Maranello UK racing team up to '72. Do let me know if this is of interest.

12. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Get the CD/DVD of Ferrari-The First 50 Years. You can get it from Duke/White Video. Several members on here have it and it is quite good. Also the video, Enzo Ferrari-The Legend, The Man. It chronicles his life from his questionable birth date through his death. Quite a lot of good information.

13. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
  14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    first idea would be to venture to your local book store to see what they have on the shelf. flip through and see if you can find specific little foot notes regarding the origins. some might have little bits and pieces, some might be bland statements, others might be factoids to write down. by viewing over many of these notes, you might end up seeing differences of opinions while sifting through all of the information. I'm unsure of the exact origins, so I can't help you there. but your local bookstore would be the first step that I'd suggest you take. even specific model books might shed light or point you in the right direction on where to find that information.

15. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    See my thread in Collectibles for more books.

16. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    There used to be a lot of info at the research zone electriclibrary.com
    You can also try Berkley digital library Sunsite.
    Havent visited them in a while, so scuse my dust in theyre gone.

Armand.