Autosport NEC | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Autosport NEC

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360CS, Jan 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    The bracket system is bolted to the rear bulk head and a 4 point harness system is then bolted to bulk head as well. Karl form Verdi is going to send some photos of the system when fitted. I am just going by what I saw on the 512TR. the system looked really good.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thnks. So the seat slots into bracket , then.

3. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Tony - do you potential need one too ?

(Group discount from Karl !!)

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Rich,
    no, my kids are 7 1/2 and 3 1/2 ! I came across this problem when eldest[Nick] was born and i had a 964 Speedster, but luckily a standard baby sit fitted fine and there was no passenger airbag to worry about.

Oh to be our kids!!

Tony

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #30 360CS, Jan 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Philip,

Due to the fact that my clutch has gone wrong again, this after the 'Ace!!!!!!' garage i use were supposed to have fixed it for the third time in the last twelve months. Under 1,500 miles since the last attempt.

Thank god i am selling the damed thing (would never buy another Ferrari). Believe me, when its gone i will be using all my publishing contacts to name and shame all those who are nothing but cowboys in the world of Ferrari servicing.

Have a great time.

Regards

Stewart

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Stewart,it's just a shame so many garages do such crap jobs,
    boy i could name so many main dealers who couldnt service a wheelbarrow let alone a car,makes me want to throw the towel in,
    I just laugh and end up throwing so much money at it to put it back in some sort of order,
    rant over
    Dale.

8. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Stewart,

sorry to hear about your car ... makes your blood boil I'm sure. I am slowly comming to the conclusion that there are no proper garages out there. Everyone I speak to has a story to tell, and there are good and bad stories from every one. The bad ones however seem to be inexcusable in most cases. I have had my 308 for 7 years now and overall I count my blessings. I have used 3 garages and I only had very small incoveniances with only one of them. For the 355 however I am resigned to the fact that it will continue to be main dealer serviced. They do get it wrong some times and they may be more pompous but at least there is good comeback from a clients perspective. Having said that I don't really have much choice as I have the extended warantee.

I'll take lost of pics and post them .. may take a while though, as I have the builders in next week and I will be moving out !

Joe,

I'd love to get my hands on a complemntary ticket but I don't see any way I can manage to pick it up. Is there any chance you are aroung central London or the Doclands tomorow ?

Philip

9. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    UPDATE UPDATE

Philip et al

I have been told I won't be needed all day on Saturday to look at prams, etc. I think I can get a quick few hours in at the NEC. Yippee!!

Any meet ups or times for meeting planned?

10. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Izza,

so far its a convoy of one blue 355 at about 8am ! How long do you want to stay there for. I can come by and pick you up or we can go separately if the early start doesn't phase you.

Philip

11. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Hi guys,

I'll Be there Friday.

Trying to sort out a datalogger and in-car video stuff.

Also want to check out the new Radical SR4.

As well as the Fezzers of course.

Wazza

12. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I am taking wife with me - dropping off at in laws and then dashing to NEC. So will be 2 hours behind you and unable to share car. To be honest if it only takes 1-2 hours to go around I think I may be arriving as you leave (can I have your ticket??!!!).

Can anyone give us an idea how long its worth milling around for?

13. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi Warren good to see you back,talked to quaife today to see if theyd sell me a diff/takeoff unit for the sr4,they said no its radical's diff unit we make it you have to buy it off them,we know why that is,nice the sr4 enjoy the show,
    Dale.

14. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip

Dale spent about 5ht 30min with about 1 hour wasted !!! I expect that I too will have had anough after 3 hrs or so. Call me when you're there as our times should overlap. if I can give you the ticket then thats great ! It would be good to get back earlier than 6 as I need to sort my flat out.

Cheers
    Philip

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Cheers Dale.

Still debating whether to get involved in Radical racing this year or not.
    Can't make up my mind. Had a chance for a half share in ClubSport for this year but turned it down just because I could't face the wife with another new race car. Chicken.

I will probably just rent for the odd race with a Radical and concentrate
    on the Vee series for the full season.

Wazza

16. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Warren you are into the racing scene,do you know phil bennet touring car driver good old drinking mate of mine,dont see him much now though due to his racing,he used to come out on his motorbike with us and fall off,good in a car though,
    Im going to go to a radical race meet this year to check these out,also have a look at formula vee which you race,be good if i could find them at the same meet pref-donington park or silverstone,
    Dale.

17. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Hey Kenyon. Id love to see a picture of that when you get it.

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Stewart,
    really sorry to hear about your car. Have you no come back on the garages who replaced clutch/es ?
    Tony

19. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

The problem concerns one garage who i will not name at the moment as today i decided to take legal advice regarding the problem.

To give you some idea one example is as follows. ' Hi xxxxx, as you know i am going to Le Mans next week but the car is making the clutch warning sound' 'dont worry Stewart, the clutch does not need replacing it just needs resetting'. So in it goes and the bill is paid. surprise, surprise
    at Le Mans the clutch plays up again and has to be nursed home. When i return to the UK the garage in question then states that the clutch needs changing.

So the clutch is changed and a 'new part' that is going to solve all my problems is fitted. Another bill is recieved and paid. So here we are less than 1500 miles later and again the clutch is 'up the wall'.

I wont even go into the amount of times it had to go in for a door rattle. Or the time that a rag was left in the engine bay and caught fire on the way home ( thank god the police were behind me and let me know plus stopped the traffic). Or even the state they have left my alloys in after supposedly refurbishing them.

I could go on, but that can wait. Sometimes pay backs are worth waiting for. Thats the problem with people like me who own publishing companies, we wait till the time is correct, call in favours then use all avilable media as our platform.

Watch this space.

Regards
    Stewart

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stewart,
    sounds like an awful time you've had. Remind me not to pi** you off in the future!
    Tony