Hello everyone! | FerrariChat

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Maximo_Tifoso, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Hello Board:

I've been lurking on this board for a couple of years now, and so I finally decided to join. I live in Houston, TX, and so I thought it appropriate to introduce myself to the local members first. I am a tifoso through and through. I do not own a Ferrari, but I am finishing school in hopes of one day having one. In the meantime, I am an avid 1/18 scale collector of nothing but Ferraris. As a matter of fact I picked up my 93rd model (Mattel Enzo in black) today. BTW, you can find it at your local Target store!! Supplies are limited!!! I work at fine dining establishment...and you guessed it. I am a valet!!! The last time I was going to join, the valet thread was hot. I decided not to enter the fray, and just stay on the sidelines. I look forward to sharing stories and just having good conversations about everything that having to do with Ferraris!!!!!!Have a great day.....

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So do you know how to park an F1 transmission Ferrari? :D

Welcome aboard.

3. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Thank you for the welcome Jimpo... I've parked 1 360F1Modena, 1 360F1Spyder, 1 F355F1 Berlinetta, 1 F355F1Spyder. Plus a couple of Maserati 4200Gt with CambioCorsa and plenty of M3's with SMG.

First rule: never leave it in 1st gear too long, just flick into 1st and go!!

I can understand the concern of some owners allowing strangers to park their F1 trannys. But by the time I parked my first F1 (F355B), I had read so many mags and books that it was second nature. Not to mention how excited I was to finally get my shot at one. The Gentlemen asked me if I knew how to drive it, and so I described to him how to go/down through the gears. He watched me as I pulled away, and went inside to have dinner.

4. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    welcome abourd maximo.

5. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Thank you!!!