Democratic Candidates: Compare Contrast Site? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Democratic Candidates: Compare Contrast Site?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i heard clark wanted to send US troops to block Russian troops that wanted to move into a certain area of bosnia/kosovo ??? potentially creating a volatile situation/standoff. and that lead to one of the reasons he was "relieved" early

why aren't there any "tax cut/pro growth" democrats?

the problem with "tax the rich" mantra is that when u look at the numbers --- your classified as rich.

clark wants the millionaires tax surcharge (which is crazy) but i think it wil strike a chord for the centrist party members. problem is when u do the math it doesn't hold true. top 1% pays 36%. what the hell is the bottom 50% doing?

the fact is all sides just want to cater to their interests and supporters. any level headed person with decent business experience could come in a fix every problem we have.

2. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

4. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002

I hate to get political, but...

Here is the problem. Govt is waaaaay too big. I don't want the damn govt programs, and I don't want to pay for them. The less govt, the better.

There is an old Sci-fi book by Robert Heinlein called the Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Very interesting (and short) read, and has a nice idea about an essentially governmentless society (no taxes, all services privately held, but you pay for everything). Probably more efficient as any program in private hands (i.e. for profit) needs to make a profit. But, anyway, it's old science fiction.

Dom

5. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Maranelloman...

Don't you just love the followers of "communism-lite" ???

When you corner them like with logic, facts and reason they immediately resort to the only reaction that they know, which is to call conservatives racists, Nazi's or bigots and then run away like the spineless scum that they are.

6. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Nothing to say about the Dem candidates, but I just want to add that while there are (unfortunately) a few genuine bigots and racists on FChat, Dave is most definitely not one of them. I am surprised by the accusation because Dave has actually confronted the racists many times and called them out on their ignorance.

Joe

7. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    better book. atlas shrugged. depicts the exact situation we'll be facing if dean get's his agenda.

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA

No problem! It's definitely good to have a resource that allows you to wade through all the rubbish and just see where they stand on the issues.

9. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

EXACTLY !!! They scream that we need more "tolerance" , but they are only able to tolerate you if you are 100% in lockstep with your views. Left & right wing extremists are just like this. And so are immature, spoiled brats like Lucas.

Joe V, many thanks for your post.

Cheers, guys ! Have a great weekend!

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Oh how I wanted to rise above...

Anyway, here's some bigotry and elitism if I ever saw it:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3413

But honestly, show me the results of a "maranelloman" search and I'll show you a stream of grating, sarcastic, and uninteresting posts that consist mostly of clichéd and plagiarized pictures who's humor has long since been completely rung out.

Oh, and before you advise me so, you're already on my ignore list. First and only member. I'm sure you're proud.

Luke.

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

OH MY GOD !!! You got offended at THAT? And you call THAT bigotry?

Get a grip, junior, and get a dictionary. As other posters have correctly pointed out, I have been at the forefront of challenging racism & bigotry on FC, while you have just trolled.

You might want to grow up, Lucas. You have just sunk your own battleship with your "evidence".

Too funny. You just can't make this stuff up, folks.

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Maranelloman....

I couldn't agree with your comments more.

And....in the spirirt of this thread....I think that you will enjoy these......

"I am a Democrat because I fervently believe in tolerance. Tolerance is critical in our diverse society, and if you have a problem with that, mister, then I will inform the authorities and I bet that after a few hours in their "special room" you too will agree that tolerance is critical"

"I am a Democrat because I hold sacred freedom of the press, as well as freedom of the TV and freedom of the movie. Where I draw the line is freedom of the talk radio, and don't even get me started about that damn internet business"

"I am a Democrat because I believe in campaign finance reform. Sadly, our politics are dominated by advertisements, paid for by the contributions of giant corporations. All too often, these drown out the legitimate grassroots opinions, like the kind heard on TimeWarner-AOL-CNN, TimesCorp, or Disney-ABC"

Thanks to David Burge at http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/

13. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Just for my own curisioty please, oh please, Maranelloman, tell me how you would defend your "Ebonics Christmas" thread as not bigoted and elitist. I really want to hear this.

Luke.

14. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Dave is probably not online so I'll step in for him (not that he needs help)so here yah go.......

The people who created "ebonics" did so to give themselves status and a way of differentiating themselves when one was not necessary. That is elitism. Perhaps you should judge just "who" is elitist before you open your cake hole.

The post was preceeded by a disclaimer that some people may unnecesarily take offence to it, which is more than I can say for the commonly posted views of the left wingers among our group.

In doing so the poster recognized that it may harm those who hold certain views (which is the direct opposite of posters such as yourself)and in doing so he was in fact cautioning them that he did not want them to be harmed by same. That is hardly bigoted or elitist in my books.

You or anyone else could have read the link and judged what the topic was about and choose accordingly whether or not to open it. Had the post been preceeded by outright racist slurs and negative comments towards people then your accusations would have stood up in my mind and that of others.

You are accusing him....therefore you had better do more than simply hold up something and "say this is bad"........because that is nothing more than a typical leftist bombast which we have enough of nowadays from the "nine dwarves" running to replace Slick Willy.

Explain why it is bigoted and elitist if you are going to say it is.
    Use logic, facts and reason if you are capable. If not.....STFU.

More than one version of many different songs and rhymes has been changed over the years to create good and bad humor which is totally in the eye of the beholder. If we can't laugh at ourselves sometimes we really have a problem.........and the PC crowd is just making it worse.

15. ART360

ART360 Guest

Dave is clearly right wing. As to his being racist, etc. I don't think so. He is wrong in a good many of his positions, tends to simplify on occassion, but generally pretty well reasoned, just in my opinion wrong. I didn't take the time to look it up, but there was a threat in which the war protesters were purported to show an offensive sign. Dave defended that sign. Turned out, that after someone on the board, not me, did the research, it most probably was a fraud. Dave was eager to believe the post, because it fell into his beliefs. On occassion he does that (we all do that on occassion). He was also wrong for the same reasons on the WMD issue of Iraq, but again, he has attempted to be reasonable within limits.

HOWEVER DAVE: I wasn't making any comments about you on this thread, why did you slam ME?

Art