Life is GOOD ! | FerrariChat

Life is GOOD !

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tspringer, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Right this instant, I am sitting in the passenger seat of my Daytona while my friend Muiraguy (a fellow f-chatter) is cruising us northward on I75 at a pretty steady 160kph or so. We are about 1.5 hours north of Tampa, there is a slight rain falling but the Daytona is eating up the miles in that special way only a Daytona can!

Using the laptop and Sprint PCS wireless connection card, surfing the web and posting on f-chat while in mid car cruise is no sweat! Gotta love technology baby!

My car spent 3 weeks in Cape Coral FL with a retired Italian gentleman getting some interior work done. I had gotten a set of NOS seat covers when I bought the car. I had the seats totally rebuilt and recovered. Joe discovered the seat frames were rusted and broken in half, he had them properly repaired and welded. He also replaced all the foam and installed the new seat covers. The mousehair dash is all new, the door panels and center console were stripped and re-dyed and the rest of interior was restored as required. Im really amazed at how well it came out. I didnt realise how worn from original the interior actually was (it looked great to me) until I see now what its really supposed to look like.

I would post some pics now, but I forgot the dang connection cable for my digital camera. So, Ill post some pics of Joe's work when I get home.

The Daytona LOVES road trips!

Terry

2. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Terry:

Life is too short not to enjoy it to its fullest :)

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    and i thought i was having a good time surfing Fchat in my bed with a nice cold coke ..

Enjoy !! The Daytona is amazing ..i hope you ll take some pics for us :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    who is doing the interior work?

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Terry, it sounds like you're having a blast... Rock on, dude... But, uh... keep the internet surfing to a minimum while you're in motion... :)

7. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

........ and short, therefore enjoy it while you can.

My 700th posting on this