New Restaraunts in my area. | FerrariChat

New Restaraunts in my area.

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They just opened up a couple new Restaraunts in my area. You've seen my Girth. Know it that I keep an eye on these things.:) Anyway,along Butterfield Rd.(RT.56)in Lombard/Oakbrook area,also known as Restaraunt Row,and the most "Night Spots" after Rush Street.(thats what I heard anyway) There's a "CheeseBurger in Paradise" Restaraunt at the North West corner of Finley Rd.and Butterfield. Jimmy Buffet played a concert there to open it up. Not sure what involvement that he may have with it. Some,I'm sure. And,a "Sal Y Carvao" at the SouthWest corner. I believe that it's one of those Brazilian restaraunts that have the Meat on the Spit and cut it off for you right at the Table. I haven't yet checked them out,but will. Just thought I'd mention it if anyone else wants to try something new and different. Also,right by my house,they have a "Melting Pot" Fondue Restaraunt. It's been there a long time.(used to be a Sizzler) And,I have eaten there,but not for a long time. Gotta do it again,soon. Been seeing that Fondue is coming back into Vogue,again. Thats fine with me. I've been doing it since the late 60's.(had Adult supervision back then,though!) Now,my kids want to do it.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Before this thread gets knocked into the OT section a quick reprise:

That Brazilian restaurant might come in handy for this year's F1 dinners. But first on the calendar will be an Aussie place again. Any ideas?

Since I'm Swiss I have to comment on the Fondue thing: Please note, that there is only a cheese fondue. When using meat in it, it becomes either a fondue Chinoise (Chinese) or Bourguignon (sp?). However there is NO such thing as dunking an apple into it or melting chocolate. THOSE things are purely an American invention. That's not to say they're not good. So if they offer a decent cheese fondue, I might swing by one day for a test session.
    :)

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,I like to "Fondue" in just about anything. Start out with a nice Cheesy blend. Then,do some Steak Chunks in oil. Or Broth with some Wine in it. Then,melted chocolate. We tried melted Marshmallow once. Tasty...but,VERY messy! I'll keep an eye out for you for Aussie. Right now,and I'm sure you know this. Only Outback comes to mind. But,maybe there is some kind of Aboriginal Restaraunt,kind of like the Fondue Restaraunt,except that they have one REALLY HUGE POT in the middle of the room,with some Bugs Bunny cartoons on in the background. :) Oooops! I think we'd better stay away from that one!!! :)