Need help quick! | FerrariChat

Need help quick!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Cambiorati, Jan 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cambiorati

Cambiorati Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    OK, it's getting to that point where I ultimately have to decide if I really want to go through with the purchase of an 04 Maserati Coupe that should be arriving within days. I've just been worrying a lot recently about if I can truly keep the car for 3 years (I get tired of cars pretty quickly). I've been worrying that because I am going to put lots and lots of miles on the car, if I'm going to have a ridiculously bad deprectiation hit. Also, can you guys who have been driving the new maseratis, particularly the coupe, tell me how your experiences have been with reliability. I'm worried that I will have lots of problems and there are so few dealers where I will be able to get it serviced at. I just don't have the time to keep going to the dealership for service. Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated, as it is getting to crunch time. Thank you in advance.

2. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    Are you in the UK or US ?

3. Cambiorati

Cambiorati Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm in the U.S. But I've actually made my decision and I'm going to keep my order and I should be getting my car in like 6 days. However, I'd still like to know what kind of problems people who have had 03 or 04 Maseratis have had. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I've had mine for over a year. Drive it every day. No problems. Oil change/service cost $250. In snow remember to switch off traction control. Took it out tonight in sub zero temp, parked it for hours, came back it started fine. Very nice high speed cruiser. Rear seat is very usuable.

5. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Oh really? :)

6. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It is. We've taken another couple out in it and I've sat in it as well. My teenage daughter and her friends including long legged one seem to fit. I'm 6'1" and have headroom in rear. How tall are you? Have you ever sat in the back of one?

7. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I don't think you caught on... I'm 6'3"-6'4" at age 15.

8. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You Dude need a spyder!

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    355GTS will do, or an F40... I can stick my head out the window the drive.

10. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    The Maser got a good write up against the new BMW 645 in the latest Autocar magazine.