Ferraris with damage (yellow F40,...) for sale | FerrariChat

Ferraris with damage (yellow F40,...) for sale

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by trkevin, Jan 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I found a nice site where you can buy Ferraris with damage or Ferraris that are recovered from a theft. There is even a damaged yellow F40 for sale! And other F-cars like: 308, 328, 355, 360, 456, 550.

And also other car that are damaged like Lambos, Porsches, Vipers, Maserati GT, Hummer H1 and H2,...

Here's the link:
    http://www.readytofix.com/Inventory/List_2.htm

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Don't buy their serice. They have nothing actually for sale but a bunch of Salvage Yards listed that have never seen a Ferrari.

Big rip-off.

3. milstanselnino

milstanselnino Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jon P.
    I looked at that link. It is the same as Autosource, who advertises that they sell insurance-totalled cars. Looks intriguing, but I think they are overpriced, especially since they seldom seem to know anything about the mechanical status of the cars. In my experience, they do not respond to email inquiries.

4. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

I took a look at the sight and thought the wording and layout looked a lot like autosource. I clicked on one link and guess what? You're right, autosource. Their a rip off. They have no cars only lists for sale.

Besides, I'd buy a used TR with 40k miles for 45K before I'd spend 40-50k on wrecked 355 with a bad title.

5. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Do you know the hood is made of carbon fiber and can cost about $70k??

6. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    SOme time ago I knew that the prize for a F40 lexan engine cover was about $10,000, the carbon fiber hood about $20,000 by itself, imagine the headlights and averything along with it.

7. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    AUTOSOURCE (aka Readytofix) is total crap...

They have been around for years first using Yahoo Auctions to push their services....They kept re-listing the same Ferrari and Porsche cars over and over without any winners. Now they are listing cars on eBay (currently there's an F355 repairable on eBay) and they NEVER, EVER respond to emails.

I bought their package online a couple of years ago ($25) and all I got was a listing of wrecking/salvage yards. When I called those salvage yards they of course never had any wrecked exotic sitting around waiting for me....So beware of these people 'cause all they're trying to do is sell you a service, not actual cars...

VK

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

There is no such thing as an easy fix, otherwise why would the insurance company put "total loss" on the car?? DAAAAAAAAAA

9. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

AUTOSOURCE (aka Readytofix) is total crap...

Absolutely correct. I also paid a small amount for that list. After about 6 months work, I actually located a wrecked but rebuilt TR up in NYC. Just to see if anything about Autosource wasn't bogus, I called. - Of course, they wouldn't sell it.... IMO, steer clear.