Ferrari French Quarter Classic, Part IV | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari French Quarter Classic, Part IV

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by 134282, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, how in the world did I almost miss this thread? All day long I didn't see it until now.

This is simply awsome!!! Just reading this and imagining it seriously got me all excited and nervous inside. Glad you had a great time. I think I'm gonna go watch some videos of old race cars now.

Glad to see you back DES, things just didn't seem the same.

-Eric

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Martin, NO...! That's not fair...! i wouldn't be able to function...!

Edward, i'll be posting pictures starting next week...

Karmavore, i'm not sure who you're referring to...

Eric, thanks... It's nice to be back... After 4 or 5 days of not posting and barely reading, i was starting to lose my mind... :)

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Des
    Good story. One thing. The sound of an unmuffled engine like this can permantly damage your hearing in one lap. I'm not kidding about this. Even with a helmet you must wear ear plugs. Before you go to another track event get a pair. If you're going to ride in these cars on the track you should also get a driver's suit. The final thing esp without a hans helmet restraint is get the lightest weight helmet possible. (FIA approved) . Broken necks are a huge hinderance to you your love life...
    After hearing your reports does Sasha now agree she should have come with you?
    Best

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Mr. G....

Now that you mention it, ear plugs makes sense... i thought my ear drum was going to burst and that blood would shoot out of my brain, squirting the sliding, plexi-glass window of the Breadvan... On the same token, "plugging my ears" for a ride in the Breadvan just doesn't fit with the whole spirit of things... (Ok, ok, logic prevails, i'll get ear plugs next time...:))

i've not yet seen Sasha long enough to tell her the story... She knew before i left, though, that she should've gone... She'll have to settle for pctures, i guess...